Abstracts....all with reversed 24mm @ 2.5X...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by MGlennn, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Was in an artsy mood yesterday....all of these were done with a reversed 24mm lens (so at least 2.5X magnification)...lens wide open f2.8 and focused at infinity....working distance about 2"...DOF about 1-2mm....available light....does this sort of thing appeal to anyone...???

Geranium blossum.....

29689581-L.

Interior of Daylilly....

29689584-L.

Geranium blossum....

29689587-L.

Geranium blossum....

29689589-L.

Lantana blossum....

29689596-L.

Lantana bud....

29689604-L.

2. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    MGlennn, like the light and shadow play on your images. Like the Lantana blossum shot the best

Neil

3. Thanks Neil...appreciate your comments :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    70 Miles from Memphis??

Mike,

I noticed that you list your location as 70 miles from Memphis. Are you in the general direction of Nashville? If so, you need to come down and shoot with us some weekend. We are in Huntsville, which is about two hours south of Nashville. It could be a 3 hour or less drive for you depending on exactly where you are. We could hit the Guntersville dam and the botanical garden, or whatever you want to shoot.

Let me know if you are interested.

5. Re: 70 Miles from Memphis??

Unfortunately I am northwest of Memphis....but....I used to come in to Birmingham a lot, so who knows............. :wink: :wink:

6. Hi Mike,

Very nice abstract indeed and the DOF, my cup of tea! Really enjoyed this series, all of them, great work!

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Thanks Jonathan...!! :)

8. Great "teknik" Mike!!! I like the creamy feeling and the light. 1-2mm you said :shock:

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

I waited to comment until I could see these on my calibrated monitors at home. I like them. I need to get a tutorial on using reversed lenses for close-up shots. Do you have any good links?

10. Thanks for commenting...yes, the DOF is incredibly small..!!

11. I have a couple at the office...will send tomorrow...thanks for looking!! :)

12. Interesting approach. I love #2, somehow nurtures my affinity towards mysticism.
    Cheers

13. Thanks Harry....one does have to be in sort of a "mystical" mood to process these type pics as a lot can be done in NC or PS....thanks again !! :)

14. Shape and colour, nice work Mike.

15. Thanks Martin...appreciate your input, as always !! :)