Abstracts....all with reversed 24mm @ 2.5X...

Was in an artsy mood yesterday....all of these were done with a reversed 24mm lens (so at least 2.5X magnification)...lens wide open f2.8 and focused at infinity....working distance about 2"...DOF about 1-2mm....available light....does this sort of thing appeal to anyone...???

Geranium blossum.....

29689581-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interior of Daylilly....

29689584-L.jpg

Geranium blossum....

29689587-L.jpg

Geranium blossum....

29689589-L.jpg

Lantana blossum....

29689596-L.jpg

Lantana bud....

29689604-L.jpg

70 Miles from Memphis??

Mike,

I noticed that you list your location as 70 miles from Memphis. Are you in the general direction of Nashville? If so, you need to come down and shoot with us some weekend. We are in Huntsville, which is about two hours south of Nashville. It could be a 3 hour or less drive for you depending on exactly where you are. We could hit the Guntersville dam and the botanical garden, or whatever you want to shoot.

Let me know if you are interested.

Re: 70 Miles from Memphis??

Flew said:
Mike,

I noticed that you list your location as 70 miles from Memphis. Are you in the general direction of Nashville? If so, you need to come down and shoot with us some weekend. We are in Huntsville, which is about two hours south of Nashville. It could be a 3 hour or less drive for you depending on exactly where you are. We could hit the Guntersville dam and the botanical garden, or whatever you want to shoot.

Let me know if you are interested.

Unfortunately I am northwest of Memphis....but....I used to come in to Birmingham a lot, so who knows............. :wink: :wink:

MGlennn said:
...DOF about 1-2mm....available light....does this sort of thing appeal to anyone...???

Hi Mike,

Very nice abstract indeed and the DOF, my cup of tea! Really enjoyed this series, all of them, great work!

Regards,
Jonathan

Mike,

I waited to comment until I could see these on my calibrated monitors at home. I like them. I need to get a tutorial on using reversed lenses for close-up shots. Do you have any good links?

Flew said:
Mike,

I waited to comment until I could see these on my calibrated monitors at home. I like them. I need to get a tutorial on using reversed lenses for close-up shots. Do you have any good links?

I have a couple at the office...will send tomorrow...thanks for looking!! :)

Harry S. said:
Interesting approach. I love #2, somehow nurtures my affinity towards mysticism.
Cheers

Thanks Harry....one does have to be in sort of a "mystical" mood to process these type pics as a lot can be done in NC or PS....thanks again !! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom