Abstracts

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Reflection of the side of a fountain.

The fountain
    [​IMG]

Reflection 1
    [​IMG]

2. Very interesting photo! I like the texture and colors. Very nice abstract!!

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I've always loved abstracts...I don't exactly have an eye to find them and photograph them, but I love them when other people do! This is beautiful...The colors are very iridescent. Keep up the good work!

4. I have 2 photos of abstract, the second one dont want to load on the heberging site.

5. Very interesting shot. I like abstract photos. Does this one have any meaning to you, or did you just like the way it looked when you took it? Did you do any manipulation / post processing? And, lastly, do you have your other abstract on another website? You've totally peaked my curiosity with your comment.

6. Kim, one thing for sure I increase the contrast.

I don't have any website and the other photo was taken in the blue part of the reflection that you see on the photo of the fountain that i added.

As for the side color, I guess if you move from left to right, the reflection would change according to what you have in the background to reflect on the water.

7. Which lens did you use for the reflection shot? I like the Fountain shot too! Nice composition.

8. The camera is a Nikon CP5700.

9. Does the 5700 have a Macro capability? Does it also take lens adapters, like closeup filters, telephoto extenders, etc... Just curious.

10. Kim the 5700 has macro capability, the only thing that I had to the camera is a lens shade. That's the only camera I own that has a zoom, all the other have a wide angle, a normal lens and a small telephoto.

You can do technically a better photo with a Dslr because the sensor is at least 6 times bigger.

As for what I see in the abstract, that is not very important, because I am sure that what you see yourself maybe very different depending in what mood you are and what your visual capability is.

11. Very nice indeed Alain.

I like abstract too, and I have to agree with you here. Often I feel that the meaning of an abstract composition is an afterthought, or how the viewer interprets the image based on their mood and background, cultural background especially. And that's the best part about abstract really...

Regards,
    Jonathan

12. Good points. I guess I was curious if it meant anything to you before you took the shot, Alain. I would also say that it is this type of curiosity (about how artists interpret their own abstract artwork) that has lead to countless books on the subject (be it of poetry, jazz, or abstract paintings or photographs).

You are right too Jonathan, many times the subject looks interesting so the shot is taken and later reflected upon. And, regardless of whether there was meaning before the shot or simply after, that meaning can change with mood or events for any individual person.

With all of that said, your photos are very good. Thank you both for the interesting discussion.

13. Kim, if you like photo artwork in color, I recommend that you get "The creation by Ernst Haas" each time I look at his book I find something new each time.

14. I'll have to look for a copy. Thanks Alain. I checked out the Haas website; his work looks very interesting. Thanks again for the suggestion.