1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Acadia coast under the Milky Way

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by RKnecht, Jul 24, 2018.

1. This was my second outing with my StarGuider pro. Getting used to the whole process takes a little time, but it seems to be paying off. 3 3 minute images taken with the D810, Rokinon 14mm and merged with RayaPro.

TI1_1131FB.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. YES! Fabulous work Rich.

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Oooohhhh yes! :) 

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    STUNNING! Wow! Just the right amount of detail in the foreground!

5. That is excellent. I really like the reflection in the water.

6. Very impressive, I like it a lot.

7. Thanks everyone. Astro-photography is very addicting and also quite fascinating. I have a couple more to work on and will post those as well.

8. jbird

jbird

Jun 22, 2016
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I went to a presentation on it by a high school kid who was getting ready to graduate and go to Texas A&M. He had definitely drank the astrophotography Kool-aid. I got to admit that once you head down that road, you have made a real commitment. There is a lot of equipment involved and post-processing. I tip my hat to you and your work. If I could, I would offer you a laurel and hardy handshake.

9. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    WOW a beautiful shot, thanks for sharing

10. Simply wonderful and I'm very jealous.

11. This is an incredibly beautiful image -- just gorgeous!!!

12. Excellent - shows the peacefulness of the park at night.

13. Yes it does.I actually had to wait until around 10:45 to start taking pictures as there was a park ranger orchestrated "Guide to the stars" at Sand Beach which is about 3/4 up the road from where I was. The constant flow of traffic after that event ended seemed to take forever to end.

14. it was worth the wait, killer image

15. An amazing photograph...very well done!

Glenn

16. I absolutely love it!!

17. Thanks so much everyone, and thank you for the feature!

18. WOW! So beautiful, congrats.

19. Beautiful! Is it difficult to use?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.