Acadia coastline

I just returned from a week in Maine and forgot what a great place Acadia park is to photograph. With its dramatic granite shoreline and amazing views, it is hard for photos to do it justice. I'm just starting to process my pictures and I thought I would share a few here while I finish the rest. These were taken with the D2x and Tokina 12-24 on a tripod.

345140147_kaavY-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

345139805_Zj6vS-XL.jpg

345140710_rfuvs-XL.jpg

While not the shoreline, bubble rock makes for an interesting shot:
345137525_fTHDi-XL.jpg

it is hard to capture the beauty of this area with photography....
but..... you surely have managed to accomplish just that

excellent imagery
very well done

Rich, these are beautiful inages. This is my favorite NP. I've been there several times, always in the Fall, incluiding last Fall, and it's absolutely gorgeous that time of the year. That entire island is loaded with great photo opportunites.

#1 and #4 are spectacular!
Maine is beautiful, even if the water is chilly.
Fred

nice series Rich
makes me long to go back, and I was just there...:cool:

always wanted to push that bubble rock and get it over with...:biggrin:

Beautiful captures Rich - very pleasing composition. I have never visited Maine . . . . looks like Acadia needs to get onto my places to visit list. I hope someday to retire and just start driving. What's the best time of year to visit there?

Thanks for all the nice comments folks. I have quite a few more pictures and will share them as I process them. It is quite easy to spend DASW at the park taking pictures. It offers so many opportunities for sure.

As far as hitting the park at the "right time", I hear that the fall colors are exceptional if you time it right. I'd like to try and plan another trip in the fall if my schedule permits me to.

Beautiful shots. That Tokina 12-24mm lens is really sharp, just got mine but have only taken a couple of shots. Looking forward to using it quite a bit upcoming vacation.

Real Name
Tony Saya
Rich I love # 2 makes me want to revisit we went there a long time a go with our children when they were young. I have some time in September might just get up there

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom