1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Acadia coastline

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RKnecht, Aug 4, 2008.

1. I just returned from a week in Maine and forgot what a great place Acadia park is to photograph. With its dramatic granite shoreline and amazing views, it is hard for photos to do it justice. I'm just starting to process my pictures and I thought I would share a few here while I finish the rest. These were taken with the D2x and Tokina 12-24 on a tripod.

345140147_kaavY-XL.

345139805_Zj6vS-XL.

345140710_rfuvs-XL.

While not the shoreline, bubble rock makes for an interesting shot:
    345137525_fTHDi-XL.

2. Rich
    These are great! I long to return to that very place

3. it is hard to capture the beauty of this area with photography....
    but..... you surely have managed to accomplish just that

excellent imagery
    very well done

4. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice shots. I really like that big rock sitting right at the edge.

5. Ken K

Ken K

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Rich, these are beautiful inages. This is my favorite NP. I've been there several times, always in the Fall, incluiding last Fall, and it's absolutely gorgeous that time of the year. That entire island is loaded with great photo opportunites.

6. #1 and #4 are spectacular!
    Maine is beautiful, even if the water is chilly.
    Fred

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Super shots Rich - love to get back up and eat Lobsta at Jordan's!!

8. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    nice series Rich
    makes me long to go back, and I was just there...:cool: 

always wanted to push that bubble rock and get it over with...:biggrin:

9. Great series, Rich. First and last one are my favorites.

10. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    I like #2.

11. Beautiful captures Rich - very pleasing composition. I have never visited Maine . . . . looks like Acadia needs to get onto my places to visit list. I hope someday to retire and just start driving. What's the best time of year to visit there?

12. Thanks for all the nice comments folks. I have quite a few more pictures and will share them as I process them. It is quite easy to spend DASW at the park taking pictures. It offers so many opportunities for sure.

As far as hitting the park at the "right time", I hear that the fall colors are exceptional if you time it right. I'd like to try and plan another trip in the fall if my schedule permits me to.

13. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Wow, those pics are great, makes me want to go there too.

14. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Beautiful shots. That Tokina 12-24mm lens is really sharp, just got mine but have only taken a couple of shots. Looking forward to using it quite a bit upcoming vacation.

15. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Rich I love # 2 makes me want to revisit we went there a long time a go with our children when they were young. I have some time in September might just get up there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.