1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Acadia NP coastline

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by mikey v, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Recently I got to spend a couple of days at Acadia National Park in Maine. The weather wasn't great but being in Maine was.
    p856332585-4.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Michael,
    I spent a week there last October. It was simply incredible! Some images on my smugmug site if you are interested (in Scenic gallery)

3. Very nice, I enjoyed the slideshow. October is a great time of year in Maine. A few friends and I used to go every fall before we discovered Utah.

4. Thanks Michael. My all time favorite place isWest Virginia.

5. I thought I recognized a couple of West Virginia shots. Seneca Rocks was written on one of the buildings. I was on quite a roll for a while the weekend after I was in Maine a friend and I went backpacking in Dolly Sods, near Petersburg WV.

6. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Nice shot Mike. Towards the end of 2005 I was planning a kayak trip up there for the summer of 2006, plans got scrubbed when I found out my wife was pregnant and was due that summer. After seeing your shot I'm thinking I'll definitely have to plan a trip when the boys are old enough.

7. Acadia is a great place for kids, lots of rocks to climb on. My friends and I often walk the coast with out ever getting on the nice level trail. Just find our way along the rocks. Beware there are numerous places that are wet and slippery. There are plaques in a couple of spots where somebody slipped into the ocean and was never seen again. Sea kayaking is popular around there but the water is very cold, the lobsters seem to like it that way. Well worth the trip if you get the chance.

8. Hi Michael, great shot, just a touch over-exposed. You can improve the contrast significantly by applying some level adjutment in NX or similar

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.