1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

accidentally found a cool club for my area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, May 8, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Local club for photography!

http://www.sanp.net/ (Southern Appalachian Nature Photographers)

Should be interesting to meet a few local photog buffs. How cool!

Doug

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nice web site. Looks like a good find!

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Yeah, looks like they been a bit short on web development the last year. But that doesn't make the org bad, just maybe that special person to do the grunt work of site development not around. In fact, they have a hike this weekend. Challenging to find an exit off interstate I am not sure where it is and by 6:30 AM, whew. These folks get the early start!

Not sure I can go, but I would like to!

Doug

4. Seems very nice Doug. I have never been with a club, I like to roam without an organized agenda. But the socializing with fellow amateurs is something that I would like.
    Let us know how this works out Doug - and 06:30 is sleeping in as far as I'm concerned...:smile:

5. Doug,

I hope you enjoy them!! I've recently joined a camera club in my area and am really enjoying it!! Lots of super nice people, many of whom are very experienced and extremely willing to help out (hmm....sounds a lot like the Cafe, doesn't it? :tongue:) .

Look forward to hearing your report!

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Frits, I don't expect it certainly to be my total photo agenda. But I think it could offer a nice supplement to my current less than methodical methods, :Smart: and give me a chance to tap into others experience base to further my skills. icon_assimilate.

Also, could get me a hiking buddy or two maybe, that have similar interests. Initially at orgainized events, but maybe eventually a less organized, hey, want to meet and do a hike this weekend type thing? Never know.

BE there at 6:30, not wake up, lol. icon_sleep.

glad you had a good experience so far Gretchen... Maybe I will too!

7. Quiet Eye

Quiet Eye

Apr 21, 2006
    North Alabama
    Doug,

Kendall Chiles is the president. I guess I have known Kendall for about 4 years; he assisted in a workshop I took in the GSMP. He was a good game finder, instructor, and photographer.

He appears to be primarily a classic landscape photographer. He works with UT Field School and a number of other photographers in conducting workshops.

I last saw him in Pigeon Forge last January, where he particpated in the Wildlife Wilderness Week. He presented part of one session along with Don McGowan and Les Saucier.

His specialty appears to be the southern Appalacians.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.