Accolade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris C, Oct 12, 2005.

1. I pulled a stupid stunt and deleted some important files of pictures. :frown: They weren't pictures of real merit to anyone but myself and some friends. I was so disappointed in myself for the mistake. :mad:

I came to this site and asked for help in retrieving the lost images and had several suggestions made to me. But none of the suggestions resulted in finding my deleted images. :Depressed

Then Patrick, yes Patrick our administrator, contacted me and offered to help. :smile: He gave up 5 hours of his time today to try and locate the lost images. Oh, he didn't suceed, but he sure deserves a round of applause for his effort. I, for one, think he is a prince of a fellow. To take that much of his time to help someone he doesn't even know is a real gesture of compassion.

I know now that the Nikon Cafe is a great place to be. I only thought I knew it before this mess.

Thanks, Patrick, for everything you did. Can't tell you how much I appreciated the effort. :Happy:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice story, Chris. Patrick...you are truly a class act!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Patrick helped me also. Sent him my OTG drive and he did a superior job, quiks, professional and friendly for sure.

So y'all..You know where to get your computer and photo help and,
    yeah Ham radio help from....

heehee. Did not know about the ham radio stuff till the other day.
    He might be able to help me there. 2 meter rig :>)))
    WP2AAK here
    73's om.

Chris , yes this is a special place with alot of special people.

Sorry about your pictures of friend. Guess you will have to have a revisit with them :>)))

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Wow, I'm flattered. I really appreciate the kind words Chris, Paul, Frank, and Gale. That brightened my morning. I really do care about each and everyone one of you and if I can assist I try to always make myself available.

I wish we could have been able to recover your images Chris. The two best apps on the market couldn't find them so unless they go back to a data recovery center like Ontrack.com I would say they are gone. :(

Again, thank you all for the kind words.

Regards,

6. I too must say that Patrick is just a fantastic person and echo Paul's thoughts that if there were more folks with his attitude and caring this world would be so much better.
    -Mike

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's my Patrick! I'm so proud of him...he is always doing something to help other's out. It's nice to see other's appreciate him as much as I do.

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Ah, yes. Nothing we say good about Patrick is enough - he is a Prince among us - his efforts on our behalf cannot be compensated!

Recovering lost/deleted files can be impossible as you have found....