Acola Park Vista

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Nov 27, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

One of the views you see from Acola State park an hour and a half west of Portland OR.I love getting up early and being here for the sunrises.
    Thanks to you that helped me with posting! As usual I was making it harded than it needed to be.
    [​IMG]

2. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Nice shot Pete!

It's been a long time since I've been there but, as I remember it, the entire Oregon coast is just as beautiful as this. How's my memory?

Gene A.

3. Pete,

Very nice shot of what looks like a very nice spot. I'll bet sunsets from there would look good too.

4. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Hello Pete, this would be a great candidate for doing some work in LAB color space. It would reduce/eliminate the haze and saturate the colors a bit.

A terrific composition, that leads your eye very well. The horizon is a tad crooked...

5. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Gene...Your memory is excellent Id say. Hey the last time I was there I was out gunned by Canon shooters...come on back!

6. Pete.,.Landscapes are my favorite pictures.

Nice job on these.

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Randy thanks! Yeah I played with the horizon several times and I was never quite sure I had it correct because of the way it fades out on the left.I'll take your word for it.
    I 'think' that LAB color space is only in the full PS program?? I only have PSE 3 at this point but the CS2 is on my short list of wanted toys from Santa.

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Dennis you've got that wonderful trout fishing up there dont you?

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pete just for the heck of it go to image, mode, see if LAB is in there.
    Hope so. Does some real good on some shots.
    Cheers and a great image.

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Melissa Id also second that about Landscapes they are my favorite too.

11. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Ok Gale I surely will check into the LAB and doctor it up if I can.Guess I might be buy CS2 sooner than expected,thats two of you saying the same thing.

12. Nice image Pete...Lab seems to be the way to go...I agree that this image is the kind that benefits from processing in Lab...One has to temper their enthusiasm for lab until the whole book has been read ( something that I haven't accomplished yet ) - as the basic formulas do not work well with image that have vibrant colour in them..

Bob