Acorn Still Life

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Sep 14, 2008.

1. A tad noisy @3200 but fun.

2832878661_d6878f9e13_b.

Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
    Aperture: f/6.3
    Focal Length: 60 mm
    ISO Speed: 3200
    Exposure Bias: 1/3 EV

2. Very nice John, A soothing and peaceful image. My only nit would be that the focal point looks to be a little in front of the acorn,but my eyes aren't what they used to be. A definite keeper(and at iso 3200!, I'm jealous)

3. That is awesome, and at 3200, amazing. very nice image.

4. Thanks to all. I do not mind comments, especially when you are right. I usually take several this time just one. I loved the lichens so much is still posted it out. Have a great day.

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    As you say John it's a fun shot, nice angle.

Allthough it looks great for ISO3200 I don't understand why you went that high.

6. I like it! the focal point is slightly front of the nut but works as you say on the lichens

7. Most of my macro is hand held. I should use a tripod but I don't always. For my 61 year old body and squatting low on the ground I am in trouble at lower shutter speeds. I wanted a reasonable amount of DOF so I went 6.3. I usually shoot at manual because I know my minimal speed and focal length. I then set at Auto ISO and let the Nikon Gods sort it out. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.