Acorn Still Life

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Sep 14, 2008.

1. A tad noisy @3200 but fun.

2832878661_d6878f9e13_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
    Aperture: f/6.3
    Focal Length: 60 mm
    ISO Speed: 3200
    Exposure Bias: 1/3 EV

2. Very nice John, A soothing and peaceful image. My only nit would be that the focal point looks to be a little in front of the acorn,but my eyes aren't what they used to be. A definite keeper(and at iso 3200!, I'm jealous)

3. That is awesome, and at 3200, amazing. very nice image.

4. Thanks to all. I do not mind comments, especially when you are right. I usually take several this time just one. I loved the lichens so much is still posted it out. Have a great day.

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    As you say John it's a fun shot, nice angle.

Allthough it looks great for ISO3200 I don't understand why you went that high.

6. I like it! the focal point is slightly front of the nut but works as you say on the lichens

7. Most of my macro is hand held. I should use a tripod but I don't always. For my 61 year old body and squatting low on the ground I am in trouble at lower shutter speeds. I wanted a reasonable amount of DOF so I went 6.3. I usually shoot at manual because I know my minimal speed and focal length. I then set at Auto ISO and let the Nikon Gods sort it out. :smile: