ACR 3.1 & Adobe Photoshop Elements 3

I've installed this plugin on both my Apple & Windows laptops but when firing up Elements 3.0 and opening a D2X or D2H raw file I get the old Nikon NEF plugin instead. Any ideas ?

Ian

J

JackDaynes

As far as I know, ACR does not yet support the D2X RAW format, due to encrypted White Balance. There has been MUCH discussion around this topic.

Jack, ACR 3.1 does support the D2X RAW file format - it's a recent update from Adobe. What's happening in my case is that the old NEF plugin is being called first.

Ian

J

JackDaynes

Ian,

That ACR supports the D2X NEF files comes as welcome news to me. What you probably need to do is to go into your plugin folder and delete (or better, rename your old plugin to <pluginname).8bi.old). This should let PS's ACR get recognized.

Looks like I need to visit Adobe and look into the new ACR.

JackDaynes said:
Ian,

That ACR supports the D2X NEF files comes as welcome news to me. What you probably need to do is to go into your plugin folder and delete (or better, rename your old plugin to <pluginname).8bi.old). This should let PS's ACR get recognized.

Looks like I need to visit Adobe and look into the new ACR.
Yes that's what I did as detailed in the download instructions.

ianm said:
I've installed this plugin on both my Apple & Windows laptops but when firing up Elements 3.0 and opening a D2X or D2H raw file I get the old Nikon NEF plugin instead. Any ideas ?

Ian
Ok, sussed it. Had to remove the Nikon NEF plugin from Plugins/Editor Only/File Formats. Now when opening a D2X raw image ACR 3.1 is fired up. It's not simply enough to copy the ACR 3.1 to the plugins/file formats directory.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom