1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Acra-Swiss type foot for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera's FTZ adapter

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Jerry Green, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Acra-Swiss type foot for the Nikon Z mirrorless camera's FTZ adapter. Adapter is for Nikon F mount lenses with the Z cameras.
    Photos @ Nikon Z FTZ adapter - Jerry Green

DIY modification:
    1. Remove the knob
    2. Drill 1/4"-20 clearance hole
    3. Attach with a 1/4"-20 3/4" long (19 mm) screw
    Cost $18
    The foot also has 1/4"-20 threads to use it with other quick release clamps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. agile_one

agile_one

May 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Genius!

Thanks for the great diy guide and pics.

3. That looks pretty neat. Almost as good as a tripod mount for lenses without a tripod collar, e.g. Nikon 70-300 AF-P.

4. p.s. Walmart has the Andoer device for $13.31.

5. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    I would be wary of this bracket:

The very low price makes me wonder if this plate is an alloy- casting instead of being machined out of solid aluminium?

Just be sure that the grooves are deep enough to be securely gripped by an Arca-style clamp and that the bracket won't shear-off under a heavy load.

Clamps, plates, tripod-fittings and camera straps are not things on which I am prepared to economise!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.