Acratech Vs. Kirk Bh-3 & Tripod

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by grt_napa, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Just purchased a D2H and anticipate use for sunsets, landscapes, etc. Graduating from my 15 year old Velbon to a current generation CF tripod and matching ball head. Budget is not open ended so an up to $250 budget for the ball head and matching amount for tripod is about what I can spend. Open to used because have always had good luck when dealing with quality gear and reputable sellers. Welcome your thoughts - suggestions. I have read Thom Hogan's article on the topic and respect his judgment as to a thoughtful goal oriented approach and appropriate budget. Thanks!!!

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Gordon,

The BH3 is new I think right at 250.00, consider strongly the Benro C-227 N6 tripod, right about $250 shipped from several Ebay sources, and I bought my lightweight C-127 N6 for $179.00 and love it, Their ball heads aren't as good as most others but their tripods are really very very good and I think their leg locks are better than the older just discontinued model Gitzos.

Wade

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep, but it is gone, sold it early tonight, I agree the acratech heads are nice and light, I own three, sold one old model, and bought my second new model.

Wade