Action at the nest....Osprey

The action at the Osprey nest I'm watching is beginning to heat up.

DSC01429 72wf.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01431-2 72wf.jpg

DSC01436 72wf.jpg

DSC01600 72wf.jpg

DSC01770 72wf.jpg

DSC01765 72wf.jpg

DSC01519 72wf.jpg

Louie

Ten years ago the year we would have been happy with one of these shots and here you are doing a whole Perfect series
Thanks Andreas, appreciate your comments. This nest just happens to be in a very good location.
Brilliant set. How long have you been watching them?
Thanks Andy. I've been watching them for a few weeks now so there should be eggs in the nest before long if all goes well. Sure hope there are eggs there soon, this nest is in a great location for shooting.

Certainly getting hot. Excellent set- everyone is a winner. You're making me salivate with this body/lens combo!
Thanks Bob appreciate it. I'm hoping for continued shooting at this nest if and when chicks arrive.
Louis - Terrific shots; thanks for posting. My wife and I really enjoyed looking at them.
Most appreciated comments John, thank you very much. Hopefully I can continue to share what goes on at the nest.
Wow, super set Louie.
Always on the details and precision. 👍
Many thanks Bob.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Outstanding set of images, Louie! They really have a 3D quality to them! The color rendering of the Sony seems a bit different from the Nikons....more saturated/brighter especially in the greens. Not sure I prefer one or the other....just notice the difference. What do you think? Do you create a custom color profile for your cameras?

Outstanding set of images, Louie! They really have a 3D quality to them! The color rendering of the Sony seems a bit different from the Nikons....more saturated/brighter especially in the greens. Not sure I prefer one or the other....just notice the difference. What do you think? Do you create a custom color profile for your cameras?
Thanks very much Karen. I've also noticed the slight color differences and not sure what to make of it yet. And, no I've not made a custom color profile yet but will probably do that next in my efforts to establish the best processing procedure for the A1 files.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks very much Karen. I've also noticed the slight color differences and not sure what to make of it yet. And, no I've not made a custom color profile yet but will probably do that next in my efforts to establish the best processing procedure for the A1 files.
Again, great photos. I created custom color profiles for each of my cameras and found that they ensure accurate colors regardless of the camera used. Using LR or PS I then apply the custom camera profile as part of my custom default in LR Develop or PS ACR. I use Xrite's Color Checker Passport to create the profiles.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks Karen, I might have to come back to you with a few questions regarding these profiles.
Same concept as calibrating a monitor. But creating calibrated camera profiles ensures that the raw capture images reflect accurate color....that can then be displayed accurately on a calibrated monitor.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom