Action is picking up

Hi you'll,

The Viera Wetlands are getting more active as the birds are returning from their nesting activities.
the snowy egrets are back in force
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Great Egret numbers are increasing

Lots if green herons can be found

there are lots of common morehens with chicks

the raptors are hanging out

Do you use portable lighting or some flash in your photo's. I love the photo's nice work. And good colors.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

G

Gordon Large

Harry -
Great images. I especially love that Greenie - wonderful capture. So have all you and Harris and Frank started planning dates for Viena III?

Gordon

Nice shots Harry, like the strong saturation of colors, looks like you had a heck of a day!! luv the green heron shot, great pose!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
vincebeus said:
Do you use portable lighting or some flash in your photo's. I love the photo's nice work. And good colors.

Greetings,
VinceBeus
Thanks Vince. I just got the SB-800 and the Better Beamer but they weren't used on these shots.

Very nice work Harry. Patrick, Greg and I are going over to the dam this morning, but the shooting there just doesn't compare with Viera. I love the hawk. Wish I could get one of those.

Gordon Large said:
Harry -
Great images. I especially love that Greenie - wonderful capture. So have all you and Harris and Frank started planning dates for Viena III?

Gordon
Thanks Gordon. I know its under consideration but thats about all I know right now.

Thank you Gordon. The ospreys have been real coopertaive lately and I'm getting a large collection of osprey shots these days.

Wow, Harry! Great shots! That place really is starting to get active, and it would seem to still be rather early in the season. Guess I need to go check out some of the places around here and see if things are improving yet.

Keith said:
Nice shots Harry, like the strong saturation of colors, looks like you had a heck of a day!! luv the green heron shot, great pose!
Thanks Keith. Itsa good day anytime I can get out to the Wetlands.

Flew said:
Very nice work Harry. Patrick, Greg and I are going over to the dam this morning, but the shooting there just doesn't compare with Viera. I love the hawk. Wish I could get one of those.
I've seen some of the shots from your outing and they were great. That hawk is getting to be a real regular at the Wetlands. This is the third time I've run into him. He's even roosting in The Tree now. :biggrin:

mike mac said:
Harry
Excllent as always, love the variety of birds in those trees, I cant wait to get back down

Thanks Mike. Can't wait to get you back down here again.

Thanks Don. The Wetlands slow down around late March through June because a lot of the birds are off mating and nesting in rookeries and the migratory birds have left. It starts picking up starting July when the nesting birds return and continues to get more active as the migratory birds start arriving.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom