Actor Headshot

Discussion in 'People' started by DanWhite, Jul 29, 2005.

1. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Shot this a few weeks back,
    He just got cast as homicide detective on Law and Order SVU

2. Well let's hope your image had something to do with that.

3. Neat! That must be a cool feeling!! I think your shot might've done it...I can see him being a detective. :)

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Kevin,

It's definitely a cool feeling. I shoot a lot of head shots for 4year theater students at temple Penn and University of the arts. This is the first one that I know of that has gotten a major TV role out of it. I've had quite a few as National cast and off Broadway cast members.

Dan

5. I really like the lighting on this, Dan. He sorta resembles Josh Hartnett in a way.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good shot, good pose, Dan

Must feel good to help a kid get a break in showbiz!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's a good shot - a real working shot, having done such a good job for his career. You done good!

As a picture, it looks a bit underexposed to me (but then everybody says I consistantly overexpose!) I'm looking at his eyes, and they do not look much brighter than the surrounding skin. Is that intentional for printing on glossy? Or is it a style for this particular use? Or am I luminescence blind as well?

(ps, I certainly don't mean any offence by this, it's more like I'm curious.)

8. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    I've definitely seen this dude in some movie/show already. Going to go google him up.

Good job, btw.

9. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Chris, The intention of the shot was to make him look tired and over worked, Like he has been on an investigation all night. I actually darkened the eyes a bit to help convey that. I also bumped up the contrast quite a bit, typically my head shots are very flat lighting, but I wanted to give this a little more depth. I also had him not shave, but unfortunately he had very blond hair, so It did not show up well.

Dan

10. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    thanks Elana

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks for the explanation - I love to pick up tricks of the trade, ya know.