Acura TL, Lexus LS, Subaru STi

Did a photoshoot last night around 1AM with some good friends. Here are the results!
C&C Welcome

5521328524_fcc24758f7_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 866848
View attachment 866850

Attachments

• 5521695660_59ec27d2be_b.png
    5521695660_59ec27d2be_b.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
Why is everything glowing.. I think you need to take another stab at your post processing as you missed a few spots.. behind the TL's rear bumper it's a different colour, above the TL is all blurred..

I agree there is some room for improvement, but hey that's the point in experimenting.

I like the highlights and the look that the cars are getting though, just don't like how that look transfers to the backgrounds (and way off colors).

What were you using to light paint the cars?

Why is everything glowing.. I think you need to take another stab at your post processing as you missed a few spots.. behind the TL's rear bumper it's a different colour, above the TL is all blurred..

By "everything is glowing", are you talking about the background, the car, which picture, or all pictures?
I see the blur on top of the TL now that you mentioned, but not the rear bumper's color change.

I agree there is some room for improvement, but hey that's the point in experimenting.

I like the highlights and the look that the cars are getting though, just don't like how that look transfers to the backgrounds (and way off colors).

What were you using to light paint the cars?

thanks, fluorescent sourced.

The contrast in color from the ambient light vs the fluorescent is too much for my tastes. If you could tame the BG color a bit or possibly B&W conversion. The TL shot would have worked better if there was a highlight across the roofline. I love the overall effect with the long highlights. It really works great especially on the Black cars. How long of an exposure did you use on these?

Last edited by a moderator:
The contrast in color from the ambient light vs the fluorescent is too much for my tastes. If you could tame the BG color a bit or possibly B&W conversion. The TL shot would have worked better if there was a highlight across the roofline. I love the overall effect with the long highlights. It really works great especially on the Black cars. How long of an exposure did you use on these?

Thanks. The exposure was different on each one.
How would you have done your background?

Good job on the light painting! I agree however, that the differences in white balance makes the images look odd. I would correct the ambient light to match that on the car so that it doesn't look like the car was cut and pasted into a scene. I do see a lot of potential however!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom