Share ADAPTED lenses images (non AF). Share yours

Real Name
Andy
I was half eyeing the newly released native Nikkor Z 40mm f2 but I think this Yashinon will be my preferred lens since I like the bokeh more than in the modern lens.
LOL. I preordered the Nikkor Z 40mm f/2 because I specifically don't want any more Frankenlenses. Now if I can just get home to catch up with my UPS deliveries, I can actually use it. Still, I admire your dedication to the task of keeping vintage lenses relevant. Kudos to you!

LOL. I preordered the Nikkor Z 40mm f/2 because I specifically don't want any more Frankenlenses. Now if I can just get home to catch up with my UPS deliveries, I can actually use it. Still, I admire your dedication to the task of keeping vintage lenses relevant. Kudos to you!
ha, how different we all are 🙂
I have a case full of native AF lenses (for Micro 4/3) and then a bunch of adapter or refitted.
Some of the native ones have barely been used, while the favorite vintage one are always with me.
For Nikon Z I decided I don't need any native glass as I am more drawn to the creative part of photography versus convenience/ease of use/ultimate sharpness

Real Name
Andy
For Nikon Z I decided I don't need any native glass as I am more drawn to the creative part of photography
I admire your energy and purism.

If you have any interest, I've been putting that Soviet slide proector lens (the Helios F-92) through its paces in Octoberfest. I'd love to hear your critique!

I admire your energy and purism.

If you have any interest, I've been putting that Soviet slide proector lens (the Helios F-92) through its paces in Octoberfest. I'd love to hear your critique!
that is one lens I don't have but I looked at it many times.
Looking forward to your images

Real Name
Dan
Konica UC Hexanon AR 28mm f1.8 on Z7

This is a pretty special lens as it has a minimum focus distance of 7" (0.18m). I didn't fully utilize the minimum focus distance because it was so very close to the front element. This lens was also made in very small numbers.

And it does a pretty good job at landscapes.

1. At f2

DSC_2484-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Also f2

DSC_2479-X3.jpg

3. f1.8 on a Fuji XT2

DSCF4188-X3.jpg

4. f8 on a Z7

DSC_0080-X3.jpg

Konica UC Hexanon AR 28mm f1.8 on Z7

This is a pretty special lens as it has a minimum focus distance of 7" (0.18m). I didn't fully utilize the minimum focus distance because it was so very close to the front element. This lens was also made in very small numbers.

And it does a pretty good job at landscapes.

1. At f2

2. Also f2

View attachment 1692321

oh, the wild bokeh on the textured background at the bottom of the second image :)

Real Name
Dan
A late fall volunteer in my garden. Not sure what it is as I did not plant this or have any of this flower in my yard. It was a nice surprise to see this blooming this week. Z7 with the Konica UC Hexanon AR 28mm f1.8, shot at f1.8.

View attachment 1692397
it has this wonderful weird effect where the thin DOF allows for only the centre of the flower to be sharp, goes soft around it and then sharp again on the perimeter :)

Real Name
Dan
SMC Takumar 50mm f1.4
Somehow I struggle to focus that lens on the Nikon Z while I get fine results on the Micro 4/3 🤔

View attachment 1692776 old school by gnarlydog, on Flickr
I've also noticed that some of my adapted lenses focus better on one system than another, and it varies by lens as to which system will be easier for focusing. Looks like you did just fine in this image. Nice black and white too.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom