Share ADAPTED lenses images (non AF). Share yours

I am new to Nikon digital, but for years have been using Olympus mirrorless.
Over at Micro 4/3 forum there is a brilliant thread for images created with adapted lenses, namely manual focus.
I could not find such a thread over here and I am highly interested to see what others can create with their MANUAL focus lenses (of any brand or format)
The Nikon Z is the most suited camera for such purpose with a flange distance of only 16mm, so more lenses can be adapted on it than any other brand :)

I will start off with one taken as my first test shot on Nikon Z5 and the venerable Russian Helios 44-7 58mm f2

51357668892_6ffb2382e6_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
lockdown company by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Real Name
Andrew
Nikon Df and the legendary Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED lens.
Ohio Renaissance Festival

43666661370_72b269bd58_o.jpg

30543585127_942c74b667_o.jpg

Have lots of fun using my older F mounts with the Z cameras. They have a character that modern lenses can't quite match. Sharpness is not everything.
From last year's harvest using a Z6 and the adapted Nikkor 50mm 1.2 Ai lens almost wide open.

Harvest.jpg

I am new to Nikon digital, but for years have been using Olympus mirrorless.
Over at Micro 4/3 forum there is a brilliant thread for images created with adapted lenses, namely manual focus.
I could not find such a thread over here and I am highly interested to see what others can create with their MANUAL focus lenses (of any brand or format)
The Nikon Z is the most suited camera for such purpose with a flange distance of only 16mm, so more lenses can be adapted on it than any other brand :)

I will start off with one taken as my first test shot on Nikon Z5 and the venerable Russian Helios 44-7 58mm f2

View attachment 1687363 lockdown company by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Did you intend to restrict this to mirrorless cameras?

I'll play :) Voigtlander 40mm f1.2. The exif doesn't record data but I think this is probably around f8. Mundane subject, I know, but I like the composition and tonal changes.
20210504  10 49 009.jpg

Did you intend to restrict this to mirrorless cameras?
Not necessarily.
An image formed on a full-frame sensor is the same regardless of the mount :)

The advantage of mirrorless is the shorter flange distance that allows many more lens to be adapted and be able to focus at infinity.
Personally I am a fan of small/compact lenses and often look at rangefinder ones, while occasionally refit fix-lens cameras by harvesting it from a non-functioning body.

Real Name
Andrew
Are we sticking with adapted lenses on Nikon bodies or any lenses adapted to non-native cameras? Like Nikon lenses on m43 or Fuji?

7 shot panorama using Zeiss Milvus 35mm F1.4 lens on my Nikon D850. Peyto Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada.

PeytoLake 1.jpg

Last edited:
Are we sticking with adapted lenses on Nikon bodies or any lenses adapted to non-native cameras? Like Nikon lenses on m43 or Fuji?
I am interested in the whole image circle of a lens projected onto a full frame frame sensor this time.
I have many vintage lenses that I have been using on Micro 4/3 for years but I miss seeing the full goodness of those lenses on the crop sensor.

Actually, one is 200mm and the other 105mm.
ooops, my bad: didn't pay enough attention to the details and thank you for pointing it out
I was actually amazed at the difference of the bokeh and should have read properly... ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom