Share ADAPTED lenses images (non AF). Share yours

Real Name
Dan
ah, so it's the rendering on the sensor that has a thinner stack that matters
The way I read it it was that the field curvature of the lens would change on different sensor/film ?
The angle of incidence of the projected image of rangefinder lenses (closer flange distance) is then worse on a ticker sensor stack than on a thin one (like the Z)
Yes, that sounds right.

Real Name
Dan
Jupiter-11 13,5cm f4 (1957 Contax/Kiev)
Wide open

View attachment 1693449 lilly pond_2 by gnarlydog, on Flickr
I really like this one. Not sure how to identify which elements make this stand out for me, but the specular highlights are for sure one. There's almost a glassy look to this image that alters my perception and I can easily imagine this being a glass art installation rather than an organic/natural one. It's a neat effect that I can lose myself in.

I really like this one. Not sure how to identify which elements make this stand out for me, but the specular highlights are for sure one. There's almost a glassy look to this image that alters my perception and I can easily imagine this being a glass art installation rather than an organic/natural one. It's a neat effect that I can lose myself in.
now that you mention it: it does look a bit more man-made than natural
I think the back lighting does that, making semi-transparent objects glow

That diminutive old piece of Russian glass keeps on surprising me every time I use it: very sharp and yet it has that peculiar bokeh of a simple optical design

The strangest thing in my driveway today: a couple of Stone Curlews ?
I have seen in parks but certainly not on a sidewalk of a busy street. I have been hearing their eerie call at night, like the shriek of a (stereotypical Hollywood) ghost and today I spotted them.
Approaching them slowly I managed to snap a closer image before I spooked them and they scurried away

Adapter Samyang AE 85mm f1.4

51694736108_e5ec5028e4_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
stone curlew by gnarlydog, on Flickr

An image concept that hatched a few years ago and finally I managed to capture it when all the stars aligned: location and motorcycle the way I hoped for.
I wanted to create the passion that some motorcycles owners have for modifying their rides.

Nikon Z5 and refitted Yashinon-DX 40mm f1.7 (from fixed rangefinder Yashica Electro)

51697181333_1c426c77b5_h.jpg
Scoot and Putt by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Nice separation between the flower and the background. I enjoy the out of focus area quite a bit in this one. Definitely some character here.
thank you.
The refitted Yashinon-DX 40/1.7 is becoming one of my go-to lenses: wide enough for most scenes unless I seek a much narrower view and, now that is refitted onto a focusing helicoid, good enough for interesting close-up with an out-of-the-ordinary bokeh.
Stopped down to f2.8 and the lens is very sharp too

Last edited:
By mistake I took the refitted Canon SE 45mm f1.7 with me, that actually doesn't reach full infinity (on that particular helicoid).
But here the main subjects was kind of just at the acceptable distance where I didn't need to stop down to f11

51743744611_3895177dbd_h.jpg
hut stop by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Nikon Z6 with an adapted 30-60mm IX Nikkor

Attachments

• DSZ_0507.JPG
    DSZ_0507.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 19
My first post here. Nothing special, shot with an Industar 50-2 50mm/3.5 M42 wide open on a Z6
DSC_1801.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Neil
One of my favorite, though used infrequently, manual focus lenses - the 8mm Nikkor Fisheye mushroom 2.8. Taken with d200.

FISHEYElens.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom