Add this to the flip collection

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Oct 13, 2005.

1. went by the highschool to catch some Sandhill flight shots. there was a woodstork feeding away. the head is slightly soft, I think from motion. It was low light. Still, caught him flipping..
    original.

2. Another nice catch Harris. Wish we had some of these around here.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris, you are the only guy that I know that gets bug flips. :smile:

Good catch. :wink:

BTW, I've been going through my Sanibel shots from last November, and I'm getting a really bad itch to go back. What a great place. Interested?

4. Nice Shot great timing on this one.

5. Actually I was watching him in the retention pond. He uses one leg to scratch under the water, and picks around with his beak. He came up with what looks like a tadpole. Not sure it is a bug, it was underwater. :cool:

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good timing, and what an interesting bird. Wow, your shooting day was a pretty fruitful one, wasn't it? How close to home was this guy?

7. this was at the local highschool, just 1/4 mile away, if that...

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice one Harris :>)))

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Harris

10. forgot to answer this part.....

uh, YEAH! So when you coming down. Remember, over here, I have 2 extra bedrooms and can sleep at least 4 if you include the futon that was moved to the computer room.

Lemme know. I have to take Mary to Gainesville mid Nov. on a thursday. I know Mike Mac is itchin to come down, but he may not be able to until Jan, which is mating season for eagles and such..

11. Thanks Gale, I heard you got a new car. Hope its all working out for you! :smile:

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Harris. It may be after the end of the year before I can afford to come back for more than a weekend too. I'll keep everyone updated, and I hope that you, Mike, and anyone else interested will do the same.