Addicted to MX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by FullFrame, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Okay, so I go back out to the MX track today and they're having a cross-country event. I had an absolute blast! I thought that the bright sunlight was going to make it very difficult to shoot, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did about 300 shots today and these are my favorite 5 or so....

2. #4 totally kicks butt :)
  3. MCN Photo

MCN Photo Guest

Yeah number four is great.

4. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shots:>))
  5. Thanks, all! I had a blast!
  6. I agree the fourth shot is fantastic
  7. nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    Well done, Wes.

hope you made a sale on #4. :wink:

it's worthy. :biggrin:
  8. Okay, I gotta ask.... what is so appealing about the 4th image? Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy with all of them, but the one that I thought would get the most comments is #1. The pose of the rider, the kids on the hill, and the overall composition of the shot showing how high he got are the things that I find compelling. Like I said, I've very happy with all of the shots posted but what makes #4 stand out? If I can figure that out then I can go for that kind of shot more often. Thanks to all that have responded!

BTW - I submitted the first shot for a photo contest AFTER I cloned out the guy in the lower left corner. I may go ahead and submit #4, too.
  9. Nice photos...:biggrin:
    I shoot alot of motocross and I realy like pic 4. I just wish our riders in the UK show off alittle when they are jumping...:wink:

10. mikeyd86

mikeyd86 Guest

I like 5th the best, for some reason. It's got a cool unconventional framing.
  11. I agree, 5th is my favorite,
    #4 while I like, I can't say I get as excited about as most people on here, And it is a great arial shot, (And I know how hard those can be to get) I think #5 has better focus on the rider itself, and the background lends to the picture more.
  12. JeffP

JeffP Guest

the pic no 4 is so good... would you like to come shooting motocross in quebec? :wink: