1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Addicted to MX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by FullFrame, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Okay, so I go back out to the MX track today and they're having a cross-country event. I had an absolute blast! I thought that the bright sunlight was going to make it very difficult to shoot, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did about 300 shots today and these are my favorite 5 or so....

Torn11-web.
    NIKON D200    ---    70mm    f/4.5    1/2500s    ISO 400

Torn9-web.
    NIKON D200    ---    135mm    f/4.5    1/2500s    ISO 400

Torn10-web.
    NIKON D200    ---    125mm    f/4.5    1/2500s    ISO 400

Torn12-web.
    NIKON D200    ---    70mm    f/4.5    1/2500s    ISO 400

Torn19-web.
    NIKON D200    ---    200mm    f/4.0    1/4000s    ISO 400

2. #4 totally kicks butt :) 

3. MCN Photo

MCN Photo Guest

Yeah number four is great.

Regards
    Mark

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shots:>))

5. Thanks, all! I had a blast!

6. I agree the fourth shot is fantastic

7. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Well done, Wes.

hope you made a sale on #4. :wink:

it's worthy. :biggrin:

8. Okay, I gotta ask.... what is so appealing about the 4th image? Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy with all of them, but the one that I thought would get the most comments is #1. The pose of the rider, the kids on the hill, and the overall composition of the shot showing how high he got are the things that I find compelling. Like I said, I've very happy with all of the shots posted but what makes #4 stand out? If I can figure that out then I can go for that kind of shot more often. Thanks to all that have responded!

BTW - I submitted the first shot for a photo contest AFTER I cloned out the guy in the lower left corner. I may go ahead and submit #4, too.

9. Nice photos...:biggrin:
    I shoot alot of motocross and I realy like pic 4. I just wish our riders in the UK show off alittle when they are jumping...:wink:

Paul

10. mikeyd86

mikeyd86 Guest

I like 5th the best, for some reason. It's got a cool unconventional framing.

11. I agree, 5th is my favorite,
    #4 while I like, I can't say I get as excited about as most people on here, And it is a great arial shot, (And I know how hard those can be to get) I think #5 has better focus on the rider itself, and the background lends to the picture more.

12. JeffP

JeffP Guest

the pic no 4 is so good... would you like to come shooting motocross in quebec? :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.