Adding an embossed signature

I think I got the frame thing, instead of expanding the canvas by pixels I used percent, seems to be working now :)

Sadly, my signature and frames are now more impressive than my photography ahahahahahahah.

Brett,

Glad the sig worked. As to the frame, I hope to put up some info on how to do those as well during the next few days. I saw yours over in the bird and animal forum. Not a bad start at all. :wink:

This is a great tutorial Frank. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to print it out in a way that includes your example screen shots!
Thanks,
Jarrell

Hold the alt key down & type 0169 and release the alt key.
Results: © copyright symbol
Does not work in all fonts. For some odd reason I have to use the numbers keypad (Num Lock), not the numbers above the letters
Happy Thanksgiving

Well done tutorial Frank....
As an option, have you considered turning your signature into a custom brush?
I find it a good way to deal with the signature as it allows me to change the size and color on the fly and I don't have to wait for PS to do anything. Also with a sig-brush you can fine tune your signature by rotating, gosting, smearing, oposity, fill changes... almost anything one wants.
just a thought

Doug Barber said:
Well done tutorial Frank....
As an option, have you considered turning your signature into a custom brush?
I find it a good way to deal with the signature as it allows me to change the size and color on the fly and I don't have to wait for PS to do anything. Also with a sig-brush you can fine tune your signature by rotating, ghosting, smearing, opacity, fill changes... almost anything one wants.
just a thought

Doug,

I don't know how to do any of those things. I have a lot more to learn about PS. :rolleyes:

The reason that I did mine this way is that is is part of the action that I use to automate my PP steps. The sig just gets added at the end. I'll have to read up on the techniques that you have suggested.

I made your frame tutorial a sticky BTW. Very cool. :wink:

Here a link to a tutorial which creates a signature brush. It is extremely easy to use once you have created the brush. Once you have the brush you literally just select the brush, size it on the fly and "paint" your signature wherever you want. I have been using it for the past two or three years.

This version is for PS 7 and up.

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/cbrush7.htm

This version is for PS 5.5

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/brush/brush.htm

For frames I use the ones by Fre Miranda - very cheap. I think MikeMac says he uses them too.

Thanks John. :smile:

sfoxjohn said:
Here a link to a tutorial which creates a signature brush. It is extremely easy to use once you have created the brush. Once you have the brush you literally just select the brush, size it on the fly and "paint" your signature wherever you want. I have been using it for the past two or three years.

For frames I use the ones by Fre Miranda - very cheap. I think MikeMac says he uses them too.

sfoxjohn said:

Thanks for the info John...neat tutorial :smile:

D

DoorMan

Flew said:
Virginia,

I also wrote an action for that which IMNSHO, is pretty cool. It lets you draw a mat and a frame, each with selectable size. I've got to go out of town on a business trip tomorrow, but when I get back, I'll post how-to on those too. :smile:

As a newcomer to Photoshop I would really like to see the action on the frame. Thanks a lot for the Sig Action, it worked fine for me.

Herb

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
dmwphoto said:
Please make this a "sticky" pretty please. My gray matter says "not now"
Dave
Well my gray matter finally agreed to let me do this sig thingy and it works slick!
Dave

Framing Tutorial

I finally did the sig thing...did Frank ever do the framing tutorial? I can't find it using the search feature?

Duhhhh

Ok I'm a psp disabled, I tried step by step to do just as it say's on the tut, I printed the pages to follow it and after 50+ times I give up!!!!

What could be so hard as to do Northern Lights Nature Photography And my name written under it,
Darrell was hard enough but to put it all together I must be missing a few brain cells.

Thanks for trying it's not your fault, and I was going to upgrade to psp 8 I believe.:Dizzy:

Frank, Ijust found this thread and made my first action. Very nice. I did a search of your posts looking for the frame action but the results only go back 2 months. Did you ever do this action and do you have a link to the post?

Thanks,

Latest threads

Top Bottom