Adding an eyecup to the D2X

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by MMarz, Jul 26, 2008.

1. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I'd like to add a DK-19 Rubber Eyecup to my D2X..

Do I need one of the adapter rings such as the DK-18 in order to attach the eyecup?

Also, will i keep the glass eyepiece? I'd assume yes.

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi michael-

the eyecup will replace the rubber ring that's around the eyepiece. you can use the one that came with the camera, or you can get something like the DK-17M magnifying eyepiece or the antifog DK-17A.

ricky

3. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks! So if I don't want to add the magnifying eyepiece, I just swap the ring with the eye-cup..correct?

4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    yup, just swap the rubber ring that's on your current eyepiece with the eyecup. the eyecup will come with a metal retaining ring to hold it in place.

ricky

5. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Sorry...call me thick

When you remove the rubber ring, the glass lens comes with it.. Does the DK 19 have it's own integrated lens in it or do I have to add an adapter that has the ring?

6. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    There is no lens in the DK-19 eye cup. The inner rubber ring of the eye cup simply slips over the metal ring that holds the lens in the existing eyepiece. Then the metal retaining ring that comes with the DK19 slides over the assembly before you screw the eyepiece back into the camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.