Adding Auto ISO settings to "My Menu"

Apparently, it can be done, but I'm having a mental breakdown here and can't get it working. :redface:

Go to My Menu and Add

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then Shooting Menu

Then ISO Sensitivity Settings

Which brings me here:

Now if I select ISO Sensitivity auto control (the highlighted item), that gets added to My Menu, but I only get the option to turn it on or off.

The other sub-settings are what I really want: Max sensitivity and Minimum shutter speed. But I can't select those: if I try, I get a "This item can not be used in "MY MENU" popup"

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

That really is odd. I would delete my ISO control from "my menu" and try to add it back to go through the steps, but now you have me worried that I might not be able to figure it out! :eek:

Unless someone else here can figure it out, I recommend calling Nikon support. I had an issue with my bracketing menu that I could not figure out for the life of me. I called Nikon support and they walked me through it. Somehow I messed up a button somewhere by accident and it had to be cleared.

You might try doing a complete "reset" and see if that works.

Can you show a picture of what your "my menu" looks like after you add the ISO auto control to it?

Apparently, it can be done, but I'm having a mental breakdown here and can't get it working. :redface:

Go to My Menu and Add

Then Shooting Menu

Which brings me here:

Now if I select ISO Sensitivity auto control (the highlighted item), that gets added to My Menu, but I only get the option to turn it on or off.

The other sub-settings are what I really want: Max sensitivity and Minimum shutter speed. But I can't select those: if I try, I get a "This item can not be used in "MY MENU" popup"

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
my D90 does the same, it really sucks, because i change that A LOT

my D90 does the same, it really sucks, because i change that A LOT
If I recall correctly you only add the Auto ISO on/off to "My Menu" and not the settings. This question has come up a lot on various forums.
I also have the same issue and have not found a work-around (yet).
That really is odd. I would delete my ISO control from "my menu" and try to add it back to go through the steps, but now you have me worried that I might not be able to figure it out! :eek:

Unless someone else here can figure it out, I recommend calling Nikon support. I had an issue with my bracketing menu that I could not figure out for the life of me. I called Nikon support and they walked me through it. Somehow I messed up a button somewhere by accident and it had to be cleared.

You might try doing a complete "reset" and see if that works.

Can you show a picture of what your "my menu" looks like after you add the ISO auto control to it?
Rob, if you're sure you have the sub setting in My Menu, don't touch them. Looks like your D700 is special!!! :eek:

Can I swap yours for mine? Low shutter count, mint condition :tongue:

Go to My Menu and Add

Then Shooting Menu

Xavier (& Rob), I just tried this on my D300. I have the same problem as you if I follow the exact same steps you describe - only the ON/OFF sub-menu will be added to My Menu.

But if I stop right here at ISO Sensitivity Settings and press OK without going into the sub-menu, the whole ISO Sensitivity Settings meny is added to My Menu!

I think this is quite cryptic on Nikon's behalf, since the arrow seems to indicate that you need to go to the sub-menu before you can press OK - but this is not so, just try it out :smile:

Cheers

Mike

Xavier (& Rob), I just tried this on my D300. I have the same problem as you if I follow the exact same steps you describe - only the ON/OFF sub-menu will be added to My Menu.

But if I stop right here at ISO Sensitivity Settings and press OK without going into the sub-menu, the whole ISO Sensitivity Settings meny is added to My Menu!

I think this is quite cryptic on Nikon's behalf, since the arrow seems to indicate that you need to go to the sub-menu before you can press OK - but this is not so, just try it out :smile:

Cheers

Mike
We have a winnah!

I believe that this is your answer Xavier.

Cheers

Mike
I've yet to try it (at work and stupidly left camera in hotel room), so for the moment, Mike, you are an honorary star, hero, sir and a gentleman :biggrin:

Cheers

Mike
yes, this is correct. thats how i got it working on my D700. i had the same problem at first though.

xavier (& rob), i just tried this on my d300. I have the same problem as you if i follow the exact same steps you describe - only the on/off sub-menu will be added to my menu.

But if i stop right here at iso sensitivity settings and press ok without going into the sub-menu, the whole iso sensitivity settings meny is added to my menu!

I think this is quite cryptic on nikon's behalf, since the arrow seems to indicate that you need to go to the sub-menu before you can press ok - but this is not so, just try it out :smile:

Cheers

mike
thanks!

brilliant that works but its so clever once you work it out

same with the flash control etc.

you can load the 4 options or just [say] the commander mode so less clicks to get where you want

I've yet to try it (at work and stupidly left camera in hotel room), so for the moment, Mike, you are an honorary star, hero, sir and a gentleman :biggrin:
Get back to your room already and let us know if it works!

Get back to your room already and let us know if it works!
Uhm, completely forgot when I got back to my room, but that was because it was 5am after a lengthy and scary night shift upgrading database controllers for a broadcaster which can't afford downtime and go off-air! :eek:

Now at TXL waiting for my flight. Just tried it and :cool: Only slight thing is that it's only the menu heading, you still have to go into it to change the settings, and as I don't have that much on My Menu, it would be nice to have the options detailed at the top level.

Still, it's very nice to have this and certainly a lot quicker than delving into the deep menu structure to get to the items you want. :smile:

Uhm, completely forgot when I got back to my room, but that was because it was 5am after a lengthy and scary night shift upgrading database controllers for a broadcaster which can't afford downtime and go off-air! :eek:

Now at TXL waiting for my flight. Just tried it and :cool: Only slight thing is that it's only the menu heading, you still have to go into it to change the settings, and as I don't have that much on My Menu, it would be nice to have the options detailed at the top level.

Still, it's very nice to have this and certainly a lot quicker than delving into the deep menu structure to get to the items you want. :smile:
Glad it worked for you. You are correct, you still have to go into the main menu heading for Auto ISO to get to the setting for ISO and Shutter Speed range.

It's nice to see that this works on the D700 and I was able to help out a few folks :smile:

Cheers

Mike
Well done Mike. :cool:

Real Name
Heiko
Many thanks for this help! I've set it up in My Menu. Since I have the Fn button set to go to the first entry in My Menu, which is Auto ISO On/Off, I have a convenient way to reach the menu via the Fn button. I also added some flash options, like minimum shutter speed and flash mode (commander, etc.), as well as the AF-C focusing modes and delay so now I got quick access to the stuff I need.
Again thanks for this great help - it cleared up my mind on how to use the My Menu.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom