Additional screens?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Gray Fox, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Gray Fox

Gray Fox

Jan 12, 2007
    London Ontario
    Having added an "Type E" screen to all of my cameras that have such an option, as well as using the original "B" screen, I got wondering if other screens would also be helpful.

Does anyone here recommend other screens worthy of adding to cameras? An F3 will soon by added to my collection of FM3a, F4, and F5. If there is a good reason, I will add screens to any/all of these bodies.

Landscape, wildlife, nature, travel, sports, architecture, and macro (micro) are my areas of interest in photography.

Thank you for your suggestions.

2. I have a G2 in my F4, it has dual micro-prisms. I like it a lot with AIS lenses. I find that the split viewer is slower than the micro-prism in nature photography. The G2 has limited applicability in the Nikon literature, but I've used it with f1.2-f1.8 lenses from 50 to 105mm. I don't remember if I've mounted a 35 f1.4 or a 135 f2 or larger lens on it. The G1 does not work with wide aperture normal lenses.

3. Gray Fox

Gray Fox

Jan 12, 2007
    London Ontario
    Type G : especially suitable for focusing manually on fast moving subjects in dim light....depth of field preview is not possible. according to Hove-Fountain Books "Nikon F4".

This sounds useful for sports.

Thanks Tim.