Adjusting a Sigma lens?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by slappomatt, Jul 14, 2007.

1. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I have had my Sigma 70-200 2.8 for three bodies now. It was great with my D50, had some metering/focus issues with my D80, and now It seems to be back focusing with my D200.

I've been thinking alot lately about selling this lens, the TC and probably the 60 micro to get a 80-200 AF-S. But if it would work right I might just keep it. does anyone have any experience with having sigma lens calibrated? if so what where the cost and wait times? thanks for any info!

2. I sent my new Sigma 120-300/2.8 into the Sigma repair facility here in Canada for checking as I thought it was front focusing. (Turned out no adjustments were necessary; the focus test I used was not the right one.) Anyway, it was returned in about a week with no fuss. Of course since the lens was new and it had the latest chip in it there was no cost to me. I give them a call with the serial number. If it's not under warranty I'm sure they'll may give you an idea of the cost of a simple recalibration provided there's nothing more serious going on. I've heard that some folks with older lenses had to send in their D200 body as well.

Gary

3. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    I had purchased a used Sigma 30 f/1.4 which had severe front focus with my D200. I call Sigma Service and they told me they would adjust it for free even though it was purchased used. Lead time was stated at 1 week. I wound up returning the lens, but I was impressed by Sigma's service philosophy.

4. I'm glad to hear they're fast and good on service...I have to send my Sigma 28-70 2.8 as it appears to be back-focusing.:frown: Looks like I'll be giving them a call this week!

5. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I did some mirror lock up tripod shots last night. first was AF and then I did the best I could with MF and the MF shots where WAY sharper.

6. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    just deceided to not mess with it and I put it up on the big auction house. next stop 80-200 AF-S!! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.