Adjustment needed, any takers?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by lisantica, May 19, 2007.

1. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I'm new to using my converted Coolpix 990 camera. I took this shot today and I know it can be salvaged.
    Anyone care to tackle this shot with their digital darkroom talents?

The original untouched shot is on my pBase account.
    Here's a large size:

large.

2. Tried it, hope this is more to your liking.

large-edit.

3. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Yes, very much so! Thank you!

Lisa

4. I can't find the original to edit on pbase. It'd be easier to have the full one to minimize artifacting. Have you a link to the untouched full size one?

5. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    Yes, I'll PM my eMail now.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I like Jimmy's version a lot. It's got a lot of mystery, especially at the end of that path, with the light. So I looked at the scene differently - wanting to get into the shadows. And I thought the sky looked white in the original, so I played off that:

[​IMG]

Thanks for the opportunity to play with your picture Lisa.

7. Here is my five minutes in Lightroom:
    510693296_b6658e2f58_o.

All the best and thanks for a great image!!

Ooops sorry it is sooo biggggggg

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2007
  8. Well here is my take on an improvement for your image. Basically I moved both sliders in levels until it came into contact with your histogram data. I then went to Contrast/Brightness and increased the contrast quite a bit and then cut down on the brightness. Next I went to Shadow/Highlight and let it do it's thing.

Tweaked version:

original.

It is a lovely image with soft lacy leaves on the trees. Just needed a little TLC in post processing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.