Adobe Bridge 2021 but PS 2020 ???? SOLVED by Ann S

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Both Bridge 2021 and PS CC 2021 are installed on my machine.

In Adobe Bridge, I want to right click on an image and open it in PS CC 2021. However, the only option I get is PS CC 2020.

Years ago I remember I had to go into Preferences and select which version of PS to use. (Seems crazy that with each major update, one has to manually select to use the new one.....)

However, now I cannot find any way to change the default to PS CC 2021.

Any ideas ????

I don't mind deleting PS CC 2020, BUT I don't want to lose my custom actions, presets, etc.....

MORE INFO:

If I let Bridge open the image in ACR, THEN select Open in ACR....PS CC 2022 opens.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mostly the last-installed version takes precedence but that doesn't seem to have happened in your case.

Have you any real reason for keeping Ps 2020 on your machine (I haven't found one!) and you can always download it from the Cloud if you find a need for it?

Just trashing Bridge's Prefs and resetting them will probably fix the problem.

Another option would to go into Bridge's Prefs/ File Type Associations and manually change the version numbers for the formats which you are using.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Mostly the last-installed version takes precedence but that doesn't seem to have happened in your case.

Have you any real reason for keeping Ps 2020 on your machine (I haven't found one!) and you can always download it from the Cloud if you find a need for it?

Just trashing Bridge's Prefs and resetting them will probably fix the problem.

Another option would to go into Bridge's Prefs/ File Type Associations and manually change the version numbers for the formats which you are using.
Bless you! I couldn't find that menu. I've had to do it manually before! No idea why. But manually changing the file associations fixed the problem!

Latest threads

Top Bottom