"Adobe Bridge has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by TweedleDum, May 4, 2007.

1. . . . We are sorry for the inconvenience".

I installed the CS3 upgrade Tuesday and get the subject Windows error message every time I close Bridge.

I spent an hour on the phone this afternoon with a nice fellow at Adobe Tech Support, but failed to resolve the issue, which he characterized as ". . . a tough problem." He suggested I uninstall CS2, then do a reinstall on CS3. I did. No help. :frown:

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    They've got more than a few issues with Bridge, I think. I don't have your problem, but I do have display corruption issues with CS3's Bridge. CS2's Bridge runs just fine. :frown:

3. No, but I have several others (Windows).

1 Bridge sometimes stays running even though the window has closed using the red x. It will not restart. Somehow this seems to have healed its self lately.

2 CS3 crashes sometimes while doing clone stamps, other tools.

3 (This is really irritating) I save an image as a jpg, compression 5. Works fine. If I make another change to the psd file, same CS3 session, and re-save as jpg, it will not compress. I may get a 50k image the first time, and a 1mb image the second time. Regardless of the compression level. I take the psd file into ps2 and save properly there.

Remember, save early and often...
  4. I've also heard/read lots of comments about Bridge bugs. Maybe no surprise . . . looks like a major re-work to me. Fortunately, Bridge 2.0 (CS3) works fine, just gives me these annoying crash messages when I exit. In spite of that, I'm tickled pink with CS3 (love the new raw converter :645:).
  5. Bridge CS3 Beta had issues, they haven't fixed them in final release???
  6. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Go to the adobe forums... Alot of answers there and a place to post errors and find fixes
  7. Whoa, that was a good tip! I turned on the "Photoshop Services" and the problem went away - at least on very limited testing. :smile: I've got a bunch of image processing to do this afternoon, which will provide the "smoke test" for this "fix". :131: More later.

Much thanks Mike. :smile:
  8. Glad to help :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. general

Apr 30, 2005
    I'm Lucky

CS-3 and CS-3 Bridge are working fine; have had no problems.
  10. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike so happens i saw that.

On my system, Bridge CS3 will crash on exit when the startup script "Photoshop Services" is disabled.

I think you find that in preferences, if memory serves me right...(doubtful on the memory)lolol
  11. Update

I just finished processing a batch of RAW files with Mike's tip implemented. No more error messages. None. Zip. :biggrin:

This obviously doesn't fix the code glitch in Bridge but, at least on my system, it's an effective and painless work-around. Thanks again to Mike for posting the blurb on checking the "Adobe Services" box.

New Cafe slogan: "You got questions? We got answers!" :smile:
  12. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    heh, I upgraded my video card and ram, now CS3's Bridge crashes every time I try to use the folder view.... :frown:

I just tried the Services thingie. It doesn't matter if it's on or off.

CS2's Bridge works just fine, as do both CS2 and CS3. Lightroom is still goofy though.....