"Adobe Bridge has encountered a problem and needs to close.

. . . We are sorry for the inconvenience".

I installed the CS3 upgrade Tuesday and get the subject Windows error message every time I close Bridge.

I spent an hour on the phone this afternoon with a nice fellow at Adobe Tech Support, but failed to resolve the issue, which he characterized as ". . . a tough problem." He suggested I uninstall CS2, then do a reinstall on CS3. I did. No help. :frown:

Anyone else having this problem?

They've got more than a few issues with Bridge, I think. I don't have your problem, but I do have display corruption issues with CS3's Bridge. CS2's Bridge runs just fine. :frown:

. . . We are sorry for the inconvenience".

I installed the CS3 upgrade Tuesday and get the subject Windows error message every time I close Bridge.

I spent an hour on the phone this afternoon with a nice fellow at Adobe Tech Support, but failed to resolve the issue, which he characterized as ". . . a tough problem." He suggested I uninstall CS2, then do a reinstall on CS3. I did. No help. :frown:

Anyone else having this problem?

No, but I have several others (Windows).

1 Bridge sometimes stays running even though the window has closed using the red x. It will not restart. Somehow this seems to have healed its self lately.

2 CS3 crashes sometimes while doing clone stamps, other tools.

3 (This is really irritating) I save an image as a jpg, compression 5. Works fine. If I make another change to the psd file, same CS3 session, and re-save as jpg, it will not compress. I may get a 50k image the first time, and a 1mb image the second time. Regardless of the compression level. I take the psd file into ps2 and save properly there.

Remember, save early and often...

I've also heard/read lots of comments about Bridge bugs. Maybe no surprise . . . looks like a major re-work to me. Fortunately, Bridge 2.0 (CS3) works fine, just gives me these annoying crash messages when I exit. In spite of that, I'm tickled pink with CS3 (love the new raw converter :645:).

Go to the adobe forums... Alot of answers there and a place to post errors and find fixes

. . . Has to do with having "Photoshop Services" enabled in the preferences menu...:smile:

Whoa, that was a good tip! I turned on the "Photoshop Services" and the problem went away - at least on very limited testing. :smile: I've got a bunch of image processing to do this afternoon, which will provide the "smoke test" for this "fix". :131: More later.

Much thanks Mike. :smile:

Whoa, that was a good tip! I turned on the "Photoshop Services" and the problem went away - at least on very limited testing. :smile: I've got a bunch of image processing to do this afternoon, which will provide the "smoke test" for this "fix". :131: More later.

Much thanks Mike. :smile:

Glad to help :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mike so happens i saw that.

answer

On my system, Bridge CS3 will crash on exit when the startup script "Photoshop Services" is disabled.

I think you find that in preferences, if memory serves me right...(doubtful on the memory)lolol

Update

I just finished processing a batch of RAW files with Mike's tip implemented. No more error messages. None. Zip. :biggrin:

This obviously doesn't fix the code glitch in Bridge but, at least on my system, it's an effective and painless work-around. Thanks again to Mike for posting the blurb on checking the "Adobe Services" box.

New Cafe slogan: "You got questions? We got answers!" :smile:

heh, I upgraded my video card and ram, now CS3's Bridge crashes every time I try to use the folder view.... :frown:

I just tried the Services thingie. It doesn't matter if it's on or off.

CS2's Bridge works just fine, as do both CS2 and CS3. Lightroom is still goofy though.....

Latest threads

Top Bottom