Adobe Gamma, Help for the Computer-Challenged

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Baywing, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I am currently running Adobe Gamma on a Dell PC, Win XP SP2. I just bought the Spyder 2 and figure I need to de-activate the Adobe Gamma before I start with the Spyder. I went to add/remove programs, but it isn't listed. There must be a way to de-activate it or remove it without hurting Photoshop. Could someone run through the process? Much appreciated!

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Here's another way for you to go about it...

Go to "Start" and click "Run", then in the window that pops up type in "msconfig" and click "OK".

The "System Configuration Utility" will open, go to the tab named "Startup" and uncheck "Adobe Gamma Loader".

Reboot and the Adobe Gamma Loader will no longer be in the "Startup Menu", that's it!

To disable it in this way makes it a snap to undo should the need arise...

Bon Apetit!

PS Just remember to disregard the "quotation marks"...

4. Oops! A couple of things I forgot to mention...

When you uncheck Adobe Gamma Loader in System Configuration Utility make sure to click "Apply" and...

When you first do a restart there'll be a message telling you that you're in "Diagnostic Mode" or some such, check the little box so your computer doesn't tell you this every time and you're good to go!!!

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Thanks Paul and DR. DR, that was what I was looking for. I remember the msconfig but couldn't remember how to get there. Thanks again!