Adobe is becoming a PAIN.

So I bring up my Adobe application Manager. It asks to update manager. OK I say. Takes a long time. Then a window say Adobe Creative Cloud, I have CS6 and Lightroom 4 not cloud. Then it says sign in. I have my ID and password and it will not take the password. I then reset the password and a window asks for my birthday. OK I put in my birthday. Then two more screens asking to accept terms. Finally shows all kind of apps to try and all are CC. Nothing on any updates on my software. I finally go to the programs I have installed from
Adobe and use the update from inside and I am up to date.

Does someone work at Adobe who's job is to PO people? I can see they are pushing the cloud stuff but all they may be doing is pushing people away. They may bring 50 out of every 100 people in but I think they forget they drive away the other 50. Be prepared this may happen to you.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Nowadays the Adobe Application Manager program (from the Start menu) is ONLY for CC. You should not have run it. The clue was that it wanted your ID etc.

The correct way to update non CC programs is from within the program, e.g. run Bridge and then go to Updates.

For some reason Adobe have not explained this to anyone.

Nowadays the Adobe Application Manager program (from the Start menu) is ONLY for CC. You should not have run it. The clue was that it wanted your ID etc.

The correct way to update non CC programs is from within the program, e.g. run Bridge and then go to Updates.

For some reason Adobe have not explained this to anyone.

Never had a problem with the Manager before. I just read Thom Hogan's site and he talks about this. Wish I had read it before.

The thing is application manager pops up on it's own "you have new updates"

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Should we un-install Adobe Application Manager? I find the short cut on the desktop, but not the program itself....

Should we un-install Adobe Application Manager? I find the short cut on the desktop, but not the program itself....
You can delete the shortcut on your desktop if it bothers you but you should not try and delete the application

If you are using most Adobe products it is installed by default and is used in both perpetual and CC licencing. Removing it risks the applications not running and potentially not receiving updates regardless of clicking on the update in the menu.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Leave well alone! It seems there are actually two versions of it with the same name, just to confuse you.

If you don't have CC, simply go to Bridge, for example, and run the updates from there. Or use the one that pops up. Don't run the one on the Start menu.

If the app manager pops up and tells you to do updates, then if you do not have cc, the program stops working??? Maybe. Anyone know ?

I had to bet help to get CS6 now that cc is out. It is burred 6 feet under never to be resurrected.

If the app manager pops up and tells you to do updates, then if you do not have cc, the program stops working??? Maybe. Anyone know ?

I had to bet help to get CS6 now that cc is out. It is burred 6 feet under never to be resurrected.

Adobe does one thing exceptionally well: putting really bad names on things. The App Manager is still the App manager, and manages both Cloud [sic] as CS6 products, and you can refresh them from there fairly easily.

Just as Adobe (and fanboys) are wondering why we think that "CLOUD" means "your apps and data are stored online" (yeah, why would we think that a product named "cloud" would store apps & data in the cloud?), they will now wonder why we think that an named "creative cloud" would only cover their "creative cloud" products. In all defense, it's not like they could name it "application manager" or something generic like that. Oh, wait...

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom