1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adobe killing support for PowerPC Macs

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Walter, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. It's called progress Walter!!:biggrin::biggrin::eek: :eek: 

I guess in these tough economic times this is something that gets the chop. I am disappointed with both Apple and Adobe, time to get a new Mac now!!:smile::cool: 

3. I think it is progress. It gets Apple's operating system and Adobe's software products all up to 64-bit and they get to remove the PowerPC resources in their installation footprint.

4. Tim W

Tim W

Mar 10, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    The newest of the PowerPC based machines are now getting quite long in the tooth. Can't expect 'em to last forever you know..... When most of the hardware is dead, what's the point of maintaining support for it in software?

5. Time to stimulate the economy by buying a new Mac if you're still a PPC holdout ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.