Adobe Lightroom 3 only $99

Sorry Guys don't know if we have a "Market Watch" thread here, similarly to POTN, but just wanted to pass along that
I was told today by my colleague that she ordered
Adobe Lightroom 3 for $99. The normal price is $299.

You need to call 1-800-5850774 and use this code "FEB99LR" Unfortunately it expires Tomorrow, March 11.

Ooops. No, the student version you can buy on amazon I believe even cheaper. I dont know what you have to do to be a student and whether it is a full version. But this in OP is a full version. The only thing I failed to mention is that it is $99+tax, they charge tax so my friend ended up paying $117 or something

Yeah, I was at $111 something and I'm not a student, he just mentioned that it's cheaper to take 1 Community College course and buy CS5 than to buy it directly.

Yeah, I was at $111 something and I'm not a student, he just mentioned that it's cheaper to take 1 Community College course and buy CS5 than to buy it directly.

that is ironic, do you have to complete a course, or the price is good for drop outs?

Slightly OT.

To buy a student addtion of CS5 you just need to be a student period. You dont need to be studing something specific right?

Yes, that is correct... actually it is called the Academic Version, and anyone in a school position can buy that version... I am a teacher and I qualify for their academic pricing (unfortunately, I use my version for part-time "pro" use so I have to technically buy the full versions... :mad:)

Real Name
Mike
Yes, that is correct... actually it is called the Academic Version, and anyone in a school position can buy that version... I am a teacher and I qualify for their academic pricing (unfortunately, I use my version for part-time "pro" use so I have to technically buy the full versions... :mad:)
From the Adobe Student and Teacher Edition FAQ:

Can I use my Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software for commercial use?
Yes. You may purchase a Student and Teacher Edition for personal as well as commercial use.

I did not buy CS5 the last time, I just use Elements, I found that at my level, Lightroom 3 + Elements 8 can do 97%. Yes, it is nice to have history brush and other cool things, but Elements cost under $100 and with Lightroom costing under $100, most things can be accomplished.

Thank you for the info, Mike... I thought that several years ago, when I bought my academic version of CS3 (before I started my part-time photo business) that I had read that commercial use was not allowed... either I mis-read, or that has changed... I have been using my version of CS3 for everything I do (shhhh! :wink:) so I am relieved to see that. I also noticed that I can use my copy on two computers, not one as I had previously thought...

I did not buy CS5 the last time, I just use Elements, I found that at my level, Lightroom 3 + Elements 8 can do 97%. Yes, it is nice to have history brush and other cool things, but Elements cost under $100 and with Lightroom costing under $100, most things can be accomplished.

I'm currently using CNX2 and PS Elements. Would Lightroom do anything more for me? I'm not interested in using the ACR conversion because I'm happy with CNX2, but would the organization of photos be good enought in LR to go for it? I have about 25000 photos now.

S

soumik.mukherjee

Thanks a lot for sharing it..i have just ordered mine..no catch..its a great deal

Soumik Mukherjee
D700
D90
70-200 mm F2.8 VR II
16-35 mm F4 VR
105 mm F2.8 Micro VR
18-105 mm VR

Not to disregard the OP.
Thanks Mike the link clears a lot of the questions I had with the student version.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom