Adobe Lightroom is now available

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Electromen, Jul 29, 2008.

1. I just bought the upgrade to 2.0 for $99

Look Here

It includes support for the D700

2. UK price (for an electronic download) is £81.02.

Thats $182.

***? Same item, electronic download...

3. ridiculous

4. iaukrust

iaukrust

Jan 20, 2006
    Norway
    Same here in Norway (twice the price), but I managed to register and use my cc in the US store. Luckily one of my cc worked there.

5. The price difference is being actively discussed at the Adobe forums and from what I can understand is being picked up by Adobe. So maybe....

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
  7. The Educational Update is too expensive.

8. Will lightroom 2 open lightroom 1 catalogs

9. It converted my catalog from ver 1 and opened it.
    Be sure to back up first.

10. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Trade you a licenesed copy for a lightened flywheel and clutch for my 73 Mini!

The exchange rate disparity works both ways. I used to be able to buy the above parts for less than $250US, now the same parts are about to cost me over $600US (we're only talking three years ago, by the way!). You don't even want to what I'm now having to pay for my race day tires!

11. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I got the upgrade for $99 this morning(having the box shipped rather than a download). Now if I had been thinking, instead of just jumping in and buying it, I should have gone in through my NAPP membership and gotten a %15 discount. I called Adobe this afternoon and was told that since the transaction is pending(it won't ship until the 30th)I can't do anything about it until I get the box delivered. Then, I was told, that I could call Adobe and cancel the order and reorder to get the discount applied, and get the amount refunded on my card.

12. Keith, that's a lot of work for $15, but thanks for the heads up...you reminded me to use the NAPP membership. I think I pay for the membership with savings on discounts, particularly the free shipping from B&H.

Keith
    North Carolina