Adobe may have exposed your Creative Cloud account information

Most of these companies are incompetent.
Before retirement I worked in data security for a major credit card company. Although it is hard, it is not rocket science.
Certain things should be encrypted.

In my case I use a VPN (ExpressVPN if you ask), so every communication is encrypted.
I pay Adobe CC through Paypal so they do not have my card data
I never click on email links but go to their site (whomever it is) and navigate to them myself, and so on.

Basic measures of life online in the 21st century. Unfortunate but yes, they are out to get you, and the companies that are supposed to protect your data are incompetent, (nost of them anyway).

Last edited:
Before retirement I worked in data security for a major credit card company. Although it is hard, it is not rocket science.
Certain things should be encrypted.

In my case I use a VPN (ExpressVPN if you ask), so every communication is encrypted.
I pay Adobe CC through Paypal so they do not have my card data
I never click on email links but go to their site (whomever it is) and navigate to them myself, and so on.

Basic measures of life online in the 21st century. Unfortunate but yes, they are out to get you, and the companies that are supposed to protect your data are incompetent, (nost of them anyway).
Thanks for tips. Mine is paid through Paypal too.

Most of these companies don't put the data security at the top, even with all these breaches. The main problem is the cost associated to protect something that is currently "not an issue" but what they fail to realize is the cost associated when it does become an issue. Even then, the accountability isn't really their either so their need to care goes down even further.

My details got hacked so many times that now I get phone scams 4 times a day.
Not to mention the usual SPAM.
I have taken steps to minimise the impact of these breaches but am not ready to change my mobile phone number (I no longer have a landline).
AOL, Yahoo, Adobe, Flickr, my banks, several retailers, social media...
You name it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom