Adobe Photoshop CC already hacked!!

Did they think we believed them about piracy?
and they want you to trust your work files in their "Cloud"...
I know it is not the same thing but if they leave the back door open, they did not close the windows.

I agree. CC had nothing do to with Piracy prevention. Its the same as DRM in games. The reality is that it has little impact on any illegal practices and really only punishes the honest.

I am still not particularly comforatable with cloud storage either...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just to clear up any misunderstanding the Cloud storage was never intended to be a backup/storage facility. Adobe specifically state as much:

About LR:
You do not store your Lightroom catalogue or your LR images on the cloud it is necessary to store on your computer – It was not designed for that purpose.

About your files in general storing on the Cloud
No. Your files remain on your local hard drive. You can also choose to take advantage of the ability to synchronize your local files with your Creative Cloud storage. Even if you choose to sync your files to Creative Cloud, you will always have a local copy of your files.

IMHO to store files as backups to cloud storage is for the foolhardy - just too many things to go wrong.

If you must use Cloud storage and if the concern is data security then files could be encrypted by wrapping in a container requiring password access e.g. Winzip, Winrar

Tony - Absolutely. My catalog is on my SSD, my back-up catalog is on a separate drive, My images, except for the ones I'm working on, are stored on external drives. The images I'm working on are backed up on a separate drive on my PC. I would never consider the cloud for backing up my images.

Just to clear up any misunderstanding the Cloud storage was never intended to be a backup/storage facility. Adobe specifically state as much
The problem, of course, is Adobe's insistence on referring to desktop software with a rental model as a "cloud service".

And then they play the murdered innocent: "we have noooooooooo clue why people think the software runs in a browser or why the image would be stored in the cloud. Really. No clue. Not at all. Why, why, why, why do people think that? WHY???!!!"

Personally I think it's proper punishment for jumping on the "cloud bandwagon" without delivering a true cloud product.

Now if Adobe were truly able to deliver a cloud product with desktop performance... *THAT* would be worth paying for. No software to install, I can work on *any* computer I want. And the benefits for Adobe (no Piracy) would be there as well. And those that say it's impossible... Take a good look at pixlr. Yes, it's not photoshop, but if that can be done with a lightweight Javascript client, then I wonder what could be done with some quality flash software, and properly implemented server-side number crunching.

Of course, that requires investment in engineering, and Adobe is pretty cash-strapped I'm sure. It's a lot more profitable to just have your marketing department slap a "cloud" sticker on your existing software, make it require validation on a monthly basis and off you go.

With a true cloud version, properly implemented, there would be clear benefits. Wait. I express myself wrong. Because right now the benefits are clear as water as well--it's just that they're all for Adobe.

Somehow I suspect that when the pirated software tries to do its monthly validation with the Cloud - it will fail and shut down.
Why? The previous pirated versions had no problem with Adobe's online validation. Since (aside from some functionality updates) the CC version is pretty much identical to the previous CS versions it is doubtful that the activation was that hard to circumvent. All the pirates had to do was update their hacked amtlib.dll (which is, since the Romans built Hadrians wall, where Adobe houses their activation code) and they're in business. Which, I guess, is exactly what happened.

Why? The previous pirated versions had no problem with Adobe's online validation. Since (aside from some functionality updates) the CC version is pretty much identical to the previous CS versions it is doubtful that the activation was that hard to circumvent. All the pirates had to do was update their hacked amtlib.dll (which is, since the Romans built Hadrians wall, where Adobe houses their activation code) and they're in business. Which, I guess, is exactly what happened.
You guess?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom