Adobe Photoshop

I just found a change that makes my PS CS3 open up twice as fast and the best part of it is, the change is recommended by Adobe and it is easy to do. Just open up the Plug In folder and find a file labeled Digimark. Rename the folder ~Digimark and that is all there is to it. When you do this the PS CS3 program will not load the Digimark folder. What the files in the folder do is scan all of your pictures for watermarks before it opens them. I don't know about you but it would be very rare that I would be handling watermarked images and if I did want to it would be a simple matter to remove the ~ from in front of the Digimark folder.

Try it you'll like it and best of all it is a factory recommended change. By the way, this also is the case with PS CS and PS CSII.

Hmmm... I did this but didnt really notice a change. CS3 only took a couple seconds to open before I made the change though :)

The Adobe CS3 Master Collection is a month away from release, so I thought I'd try your suggestion on CS2, as that is my only option for now. My CS2 does not show a plug-in Digimark file...(?)

Holy Cow, that was sweet. Thanks for providing the information Gordon, I have always disliked how long the program took to load and now it is only a couple of seconds. Awesome!

What a great tip! I did a before and after test and the opening time went from 20 seconds to 5 seconds. Thanks a million Gordon.

Latest threads

Top Bottom