Adobe RAW 4.5 Update Problem

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by jbear, Aug 1, 2008.

1. This evening I ran the updater for CS3 and during the install it gave me an error message ("can't complete the install"). I tried a couple of times and on two computers (desktop w/ Vista and laptop w/ XP)...same thing on both. Am I overlooking something? Any ideas?
    Thanks all.

2. If you had Photoshop running during the update you'll need to shut it down in order for the update to proceed.

3. Thank you Ray. I shut it down and it seemed to finish, but after the update finished...I don't see 4.5. Where will I find the color profiles in ACR to see if it loaded? I only see 4.3 and 4.4 under the camera settings tab.

4. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    Click About/Plug-In...

And then choose Camera Raw. It will say what version...

5. Well...here's stupid question number two...

I have successfully updated (had to close PS to get it to work). Where do I find the new color settings? Are they exclusive to LR (which I don't have)? I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that you could access them in ACR.

6. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    'Color Settings'?

Do you mean Profiles?

If so, I think they may be specific to LR2.

Maybe someone can confirm this?

7. No, the profiles need to be installed separately. I don't have the download URL handy but look at any of the LR2 announcement threads and you will find the link.

8. Yep, that's right. The profiles are a separate download here.

9. fjmcsu

fjmcsu Guest

Once the profiles are installed they are shared between ACR & LR2 from the same Camera RAW folder(profiles).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.