1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adobe's upcoming improved content-aware fill

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Mike Buckley, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Fix it in photoshop!

2. Mike - Thanks for the update. I already thought content-aware fill was pretty amazing but it looks like the improvements will take it to a whole new level. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

3. Yes, what John said!

4. I'll chime in with what John has said. This new improved version is going to be very nice when needed.

5. I have littel natural intelligense so I'm happy to make use of Adobe's artificial intelligense.

6. :ROFLMAO: 
    I'm just the resident grump, today :rolleyes:  (see post#2)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Does the new one do anything new or just better
    It so rarely fails now, maybe you can get closer to something on the selection, that’s the only fault I’ve found.
    As an example if you’re removing a stick too close to a wing you will get some wing after

8. If you review the two-minute video, I'm confident you'll agree that the answer is both: The stuff that's new are dramatically increased control being provided to the user and the ability to see a live preview of the results before completing the fill command. The stuff that's better is the improved results from having been provided that control. The importance of the various details will largely depend on the type of photography one does and the types of situations one is typically inclined to try using the content-aware fill.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  9. The new tool will allow you to ensure that the wing won't be copied. (That's if it works as advertised.)

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    and the poor orphan, LR, suffers along, one of the main things I continue to use PS for is removing stuff. LR just can't do it

11. I'm so-so with content aware fill. But when it works like you want which is ~80% of the time for me, it's way cool.

12. I haven't used it enough to have any idea of relatively how often it works. Once the improved user's controls become available, hopefully your success rate will go up to 90% or higher.

EDIT: I deleted a sentence from this post because it made made no sense. I was apparently initially confused about Rick's post to which I was responding.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  13. Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    I’ll wait a bit for reports that this works before installing it. I watched the video a few days ago and didn’t see anything that made this a “must have now” for my editing.

15. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    If you think about it, this is a natural extension of the current intelligent fill.
    Previously the process was that the program searched in the general area for repeatable patterns, colors and then rendered it.
    I would often copy just the areas I wanted used and filled to a new layer, make the other layers not visible and then do a content aware fill on the new layer only.

The improvement by Adobe was to allow the user to select the area to use in computation with quick mask and then insert a loop to allow the user to see the area rendered before applying it to the image.
    Huge improvement in usability by implementing this simple idea.

16. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
  17. I agree. Sure would be nice to add this to LR....but at least LR lets you edit in PS easily.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.