Adorama accepting pre-orders online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Adorama's accepting pre-orders, with no charge to your credit card until it ships. Since they are one of Nikon's Mega-Dealers, I'm guessing they'll have first availability. That's cool, since I've been advised that I'm #1 on their shipping list :biggrin:.

http://www.adorama.com/INKD200.html

2. I've put my name down with them, too....but unfortunately I didn't end up high on the list. I'm also on the list at the local pro shop (#6,with MB-D200 and extra ENEL3E), which has a price of $1590+150 for grip+40ish for the battery.
    Whoever gets one in for my slot first will likely get my business...and since they aren't binding, I can choose. Is it right? maybe yes maybe no....but I know a few people who might take my spare :-p

3. I'm just gonna wait. I want the body, grip and magnifying eyepiece all at the same time darn it!

4. According to the announcement in Japan, the camera and grip will be available at the same time. I have both on my pre-order with Adorama.

5. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    Uncle Frank,
    The preview of the camera looks very nice, but what about it appeals to you so much more than the D70? I personally am trying to avoid CL (camera lust)!

6. Thanks to a huge LCD and large viewfinder, it's more senior-friendly than the d70. I'll actually be able to see my subjects, and the captures -lol.

7. I like my D70 a lot (in terms of image quality)................. but it's a rather "clunky slow" handling camera. Also, it doesn't meter with my Ai lenses. :mad:

The D200 should be a significantly better camera in nearly every respect.

JohnG

8. Ron H

Ron H

Jul 5, 2005
    Phoenix
    If you're taking those pictures now in a senior blind state, I really want to see what you can do when you can actually see your subject and the controls:smile: