Adorama... Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by bokehmanedof, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I Just Called Adorama to see what was going on with my preorder, spoke to a sales person and asked if D700's were in stock and the salesman sounded very bothered that i asked him that question, he was very whatever about it, then i told him "your the only company in the world with no D700's in stock even the Ma & Pa store down the street has them, CANCEL MY ORDER NOW!" i have spent thousands of dollars with them, and this is the way they are going to treat me! i can't even ask a question! i dont think so! NEVER AGAIN ADORAMA! NEVER.

I need to find a better dealer that cares and communicates with its costumers, any recommendations of a dealership & sales person would be appreciated, Thanks for listening to my rant.

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    B&H...and believe it or not, Amazon.com. I only use Adorama for silly small things, but never anything important.

3. sagar

sagar

Jun 29, 2008
    USA
    Agree with Linda, apart from BH, Amazon is quite good plus no extra charges for any shipping

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

last time i "tried" to use them i called and the goof ball hung up on me before i gotta chance to give him my whole order...that was enough for me!

i'm west coast so use canoga camera when i can, otherwise a camera shop about a half hour from here...;-)

5. I try and avoid Adorama , but I will order from them when I can't find it anywhere else or at a better price. I prefer B&H or Amazon, or even Ritz at times .

6. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

It is a mystery isn't it? Why Adorama out of all the stores in the US is the ONLY one not to have gotten any stock.

7. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    I'm glad not to be alone on this... Stopped doing business with them some time back...

My money goes to B&H most of the time...

8. They probably hung up on Nikon :eek: 

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I'm with Linda...I'll never purchase any large ticket items from Adorama again.

10. I too, only use them for little things that I'm not counting on getting quickly. BH 90% of the time.

11. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    schhh...don't mention my name so much. They may think I'm in a conspiracy and might send over some men in black. :Glasses:

12. the bad part about is now i have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the hold on my credit card to clear, what a nightmare! now i probably wont see my camera till the end of the week or maybe next week!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    What a freakin mess, Joey. After I had troubles purchasing a used copy of The Beast from them I lost all confidence and trust in that company. I'm sure there are a lot folks who have received good service from them, but they're definitely inconsistent.

14. Bye-bye green card :eek: 

15. Same thing happend to me with Ditz (ritz) orded it and they claim it was in stock and called me later to tell me it would come a few days later...i cancled.

I have learned if you want a big ticket item, you have to make the scarifice and wait until theres one in stock at a local store.

I got mine this morining at B&H. No problems.

I also met 2 other fourm members there, finishing off our SB-800 sale.

16. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    After going to the B&H store in Manhattan (where I'm about a 1/2 hr or so away from), there is no other store that I would buy my Nikon gear from (bodies, lens, etc.). I even brought items online from them, when I couldn't make it to the store. I highly recommend B&H as a source.

17. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    In January I placed my final order with Adorama. I will never order from them again. When I placed that last order I paid them several hundred dollars for various items. There were three problems, such as a missing component from a $200 camera bag, substitution of lens cleaner & paper, and some other problem I can't recall. I sent them an e-mail regarding these issues. They never responded. There are many other good stores online. They now get my business instead of Adorama.

18. These guys?
    [​IMG]

or

These guys?
    blues.

:biggrin:

19. ouch.... :eek: 

:tongue:

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

depends what planet she's from:eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.