1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adorama's 300mm f/4 import

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Varmint, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    On their ebay page they're selling a new import 300mm f/4 for $1213, and Ebay has 10% ebay bucks if you use IE 9.0, bringing it down to $1092. (never mind, the 10% expired a couple weeks ago)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-1909-300m...07173273?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item4aaba31b99

Worth it for gray market? I guess you get a 1 year Adorama warranty.

Not sure if after the 1 year you can send it to Adorama for paid service or not.

2. jcsimard

jcsimard

Jan 5, 2009
    S. Florida
    The US version in $1350 on their web site. I would pay $137 for another 4 years of protection.

OTH B&H has the imported light-grey one for $1149.

BTW both have free shipping for NAPP members.

3. I'd buy it. The 300 f/4 AFS is a fairly straight forward design and it's not as fancy as a newer VR-II telephoto. If you need to get it serviced you can always send it to APS: http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/

That's what I did to get the light grey colored one. :wink:

4. TomS

TomS

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    I bought mine at Adorama but didn't go gray market. It is a personal preference but, to me, the official import and extended warranty were worth the extra expense.

In any case, the 300mm f/4 is a sweet lens.

5. Thorsten

Thorsten Moderator Moderator

If you ever decide to sell it, the gray market lens will fetch much less so it may not save you any money in the end.

6. Pupator

Pupator

Jan 29, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been watching for this lens closely over the past several weeks. B&H has had a couple of high quality used copies in the $1050-1100 range. If you ask me, that's the way to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.