Adult Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, May 18, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  2. Very nice Gary. What body/lens? And how close were you?

3. I shoot White it is a Canon 20D body with a canon 500/4 and a canon 1.4 TC

I would estimate 60 Yards

Please look at the Eaglet I posted earlier, I think it might be better.

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Gary,

What focusing point are you using? Center only or all of them? I'm detecting a little softness in the head area and it looks to me that focus is off just a tiny fraction which with a 500 will make a big difference.

Look at the catchlight in the first photo (soft) and compare it to the catchlight in the second photo. (sharp)

I love the excited eagle image! Good one!

5. I'm using Center point and Center Weighted metering for sitting shots however sometimes I have to put the dot on the body or I loose a tail or head from the frame.

I took the first one out!!!

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Here's something for you to try: switch your focusing to the star button on the back of your camera. I have been shooting this way for years and can't stand using the shutter button anymore for focusing. Then just tap the button to acquire focus, release, and recompose. I leave mine on servo and just tap the button as needed to tweak focus.

7. We need to go shoot sometime and you can show me. I know it is one of the functions either 3 or 4 but not sure how to use all that.

You won't Believe I filled a 4 Gig card this morning first time ever 472 pictures it will be weeks trying to sort them out.

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama

I will be glad to show you when I see you which I hope will be soon!

472 photos of eagles in one day? I don't feel a bit sorry for you.:biggrin: :tongue:

9. No several were of Humming bird but I didn't want to give up my position on the Eagle to get closer to the humming bird.

BTW: I have a shooting spot close to your side of Guntersville that is producing some nice stuff, Wood Ducks, Swallows, Osprey, Kingbirds and Redtail Hawks

Commerants, Canadian Geese, Mallards and GBH are free!!! LOL

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful pics Gary

11. Thanks Gale

Plenty more!!!