1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adult Bald Eagles

Discussion in 'Birds' started by 06Honda, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I shot these yesterday downtown Kingston along the lake shore. Haven't been able to photograph this species a couple of years. Saw the pair perched a ways away and waited them out for about an hour and it paid off.

** Adjusted lighting on these. Thanks for tips on that.

32100605637_ee8fd23859_c.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

46318362844_ce371756b0_c.jpg

46318363384_295135816c_c.jpg

46318363084_7dd9e654b1_c.jpg

32100605837_f0cb5d8906_c.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nice poses. Eagles are always fun to see/shoot - at least for people who don't live in areas where tehy are as common as pigeons.
    The image are too dark though. I would lighten them up, both the bird and the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beautiful birds on a beautiful day. You can't beat the IQ of a D7200 in those conditions. Like Allan things look a tad dark to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice job, but would agree with the comments from both Allan and Dan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, exactly, way better but the 1st version wasn’t bad

• Like Like x 1
  6. Our skies here in the winter are very dark blue on a sunny day and some dialing back is often needed but to me its normal but getting a tip is just fine with me. Helps me look at my shots from a different view and sometimes it works out better. I have my D7200 set for Vivid for colour so I will try adjusting this to Normal next time out and see what the shots look like with a blue sky background. The only software I use for post editing is the Photos App on my Macbook Pro, most are start out of the camera.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. If I shot jpg I would use a neutral picture control and adjust in post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Very nice! I’m one of those who doesn’t see eagles regularly (ever) and love looking at photos of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.