Adult piping plover in mud

Early in the morning as the tide was going out these plovers went into the muddy area looking for breakfast.

Keeping feet dry
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Unlike many other shorebirds, a pp will come fairly close, stop, and just look at a person.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Couple of nice ones, Allan. I'm finding it harder and harder to get those low perspectives. Those really are cute little birds.

At the beach where we've spent the past couple of winters some of the sanderlings are fairly well habituated. If you get low and sit still they will feed up to within just a few feet. Though as fast as they move that's not necessarily an advantage with the faster relative motion at close quarters.

These things are cute.
Good shots.
Thanks Alex.

Well done Allan.
Thanks Louie.

Nice work Allan, the lighting is spot on.
Thanks Bill. One needs to get up early to get to the beach.

Love the light too!
Thanks Nick.

Couple of nice ones, Allan. I'm finding it harder and harder to get those low perspectives. Those really are cute little birds.
Me too. I see the youngsters on their stomachs hand holding their long lens. I need a tripod. I can only get to my knees. Shooting at 1000 mm helps though. I can keep my distance.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom