Advice on a 4in1 printer/fax/copy??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clickcanada, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I am going to be setting up a home office in my new place, we move the end of July. I will need a fax machine, and copying would be good too. As I am into real estate, I really do need a copy/fax/scanner that can do legal size. Oh, I will also have only one land line, so it needs to be able to recognize incomming faxes, and let the calls through.

Any suggestions on what to look for in the way of hardware? I would love a colour laser machine, but I just bought a house, and am setting up a business and need to be mindfull of the $$. Something under $400 Usd would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have always done well by heeding the recommendations of Consumer's Reports magazine. If I were setting out to buy something that CR evaluates, I would do my research through their publications and/or website to find out what they think. An invaluable resource!:smile:

3. I have both HP 6310 (~$200) and HP 7210 (~$400) both with built-in Ethernet networking and I'm extremely happy.

Well, I have to admit though, that HP is one of my BIGGEST clients :rolleyes:

4. I hear ya Frank, I usually head for Chapters to pick up the latest CR when I am in the market for some hardware (they had lots of nice things to say about Nikon :cool: ) I will take a look at PC magazing too while I am there, they do a lot of reviews and such.

5. I have the brother MFC 7220. Its a laser printer, fax, scanner - to file, pdf, email, image, ocr, copier. Is not a color scanner tho. You can fax from computer too. Very good price too for what you get. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2007
  6. Drifter

Drifter

May 7, 2006
    West Virginia