ADVICE ON PROTECTING OFFSITE PROPERTY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad its working out for you. Still have they been arrested yet for fraudulent use of credit/bank cards? I would NOT let that go. If the local pd really isnt doing much, make a big stink with the DA.
No they haven't.
The police are prioritizing investigations due to Covid.
I guess this is not a priority.
It's a shame because I'm sure there was plenty of video evidence as far as who made the charges.
Since then and now though, all the credit card companies have recognized the fraud transactions were after her death. All of these claims needed to be cleared before Probate could proceed. They have issued credits and the bank has reimbursed debit card charges to her account. Actually, the estate does not have any losses due to it. I would think it's up to the bank and credit card companies to pursue charges now as they are the ones with financial losses which are well over $20k.

Glad to hear this worked out. I'm disappointed these people were allowed to get away with this with no criminal charges. If they follow this pattern, someone else might be taken advantage of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE!!

Yes this is still going on.
Covid has put a moratorium on evictions so that really tied our hands.
The moratorium is now over.
Our attorney went there this morning with three Sheriff Deputies and a tow truck to retrieve my sister-in-law's car. He gave them a verbal request to vacate. They indicated they need time to get another place. They've already had 6 months they've been living there for free. The attorney is petitioning the Probate Court to evict in two days. A Probate Court eviction is not backlogged like the other evictions are. We are having a 24 hr. security guard to keep an eye on the house until they are gone. I'll be glad when this is finally over.
I asked our attorney how the Sheriff Deputies got involved, if he had that pre-arranged or if the squatter called. He said the car was on the tow truck, he got back in his car getting ready to leave and she came running out yelling "you have to wait here until the police arrive". He had a court order on him for the vehicle, he wasn't worried so he got out of the car and waited. They sent 4 cars and a helicopter. The attorney ask why so many of them came. They said this was the 9th call to that address this year. No doubt the neighbors will be ready to see them go.
I certainly hope no one else ever has to go through anything this. In Florida, you cannot close probate and take possession of the house with squatters residing there. They must be out for probate to proceed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom