Advice on Selling my camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linm, Nov 16, 2005.

1. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I think I am going to take the plunge and put myself on the waiting list for a D200. It strikes me that I have a better chance of selling my D100 a) before the D200 hits the street and b)before Christmas. I think I will also sell my Tamron 24-135mm and get the new 18-200mm as a "walk around' lens.

So, my question is: would I do better offering those items as a package or individually? I know a lot of people were influenced to buy the D70 as a "package" and a guy I work with recently bought a Canon because it included lenses, bag, etc, etc.

What experience have others had?

Thanks,

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lin,

I think that you will likely be selling a D100 to someone that wants to get into DSLR photography, with a relatively modern camera, at a fairly low entry price (otherwise, they would probably just get a D50 or D70). In that case, it is likely that they will not have any lenses either (of course they could be coming from a film camera).

I would offer the pair as a package, but be flexible and say that you would sell separately if the right offer comes along. :wink:

3. I'd agree with Flew. Sell both. The camera which I think will drop because of the D200 will likely be the D2H. The D100's value will probably decrease slowly for the time being.
    Rich

4. I got rid of my D2H quick! Luckily some kid (who happened to look really high when I sold it...hehe) needed a camera by Friday, and paid my asking price! Hahaha!

I still have my backup D2H, which I will never sell because that camera has seen and photographed so much, not to mention it survived my near-death accident with me! That camera is special! :biggrin:

I want the D200 already, but I want to get it all in a package, with the grip and magnifying eyepiece! I need it now, I have the money darn it!

5. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    I have to go with selling as a package,I recently sold 2 D100s as packages
    One was camera, lens, sb80dx
    One was camera, grip, extra battery, ac adaptor, sb80dx
    they both sold very quickly (within a week or two) and for asking price.

I'm with you Jonathan, I've got the money ready give me my D200!

6. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks Everyone. That was my first inclination but then I wondered if it would be better separately.

Scary to sell one camera before the other has arrived but...